Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phil Steele talks 2021 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Football

Default Re: Phil Steele talks 2021 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Football

Actually, I want an 11-1 app team against a 12-0 UL team in Lafayette in Dec. Screw the chicken _____s.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    For sure. I just don't think Covid Carolina has that in them.
    I’m not sure what CCU’s record will be. But as long as their QB stays healthy, they will be a threat to anyone they play!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I’m not sure what CCU’s record will be. But as long as their QB stays healthy, they will be a threat to anyone they play!
    They've gotten some quality transfers in the portal. Their depth isn't as strong as last year, but the starters are as good or better then most teams in the SBC. Both Phil Steel and today's Coaches Poll are a clear indication of the respect for this team and expectations.

They also have one of the easiest schedules in football, definitely OOC

I can think of a game the beach chickens won't find so easy. They come to Boone Oct. 20; it could be 70 and sunny OR it could be 20 and snowing. App State will have something to say about the result.

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    I can think of a game the beach chickens won't find so easy. They come to Boone Oct. 20; it could be 70 and sunny OR it could be 20 and snowing. App State will have something to say about the result.
    “Beach Chickens,” I love it!!!!!

Also, I hope it’s 33 degrees and raining when ya’ll play them in Boone.

Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    Citadel
    Kansas
    Umass
    Buffalo
    And don’t get the Cajuns out of the west

I really enjoy these podcasts. Awesome that you had Steele on. He knows his stuff, obviously. If he’s high on your team you should be too.

10. Default Re: Phil Steele talks 2021 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Citadel
    Kansas
    Umass
    Buffalo
    And don’t get the Cajuns out of the west
    I think they easily can go 2-2 OOC. Buffalo is better than people think. Kansas owes them.

11. Default Re: Phil Steele talks 2021 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I really enjoy these podcasts. Awesome that you had Steele on. He knows his stuff, obviously. If he’s high on your team you should be too.
    Glad you liked it Scotsman. The first time he was on, it was nerve racking. This year, I think Matt did a great job keeping it light and questions were good.

When we reboot the 'Behind Enemy Lines' segments for football, we have multiple Texas media folks lined up. Also working on some national big wigs, similar to last season with Vanini and Feldman. Over the next couple weeks, we're working with Ryan Pecot at Midcity Smokehouse on doing a live episode, visiting with him and hanging at the restaurant. Hope some listeners come by and have a drink with the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think they easily can go 2-2 OOC. Buffalo is better than people think. Kansas owes them.
    It’s still has to be the easiest OOC in the country.... and they miss the favorite out of the west. Not sure how much easier their schedule could be unless you get 2 FCS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They've gotten some quality transfers in the portal. Their depth isn't as strong as last year, but the starters are as good or better then most teams in the SBC. Both Phil Steel and today's Coaches Poll are a clear indication of the respect for this team and expectations.
    You know, I am good with this. We should all want our opponents to get better and be recognized by the polls as it also improves our recognition.

And it will make it all so much sweeter when we whip their butts!

14. Default Re: Phil Steele talks 2021 Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Football

It’s still has to be the easiest OOC in the country.... and they miss the favorite out of the west. Not sure how much easier their schedule could be unless you get 2 FCS
    I just looked it up.. it is ranked the easiest schedule in CFB lol

At least the SBC east will have some tougher teams. After reading up on Troy, I think they are going to be improved and they gave CCU fits last year. GSU and APP obviously want a little payback. Gotta hope a couple of teams on that side of the league step up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information