Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 400 meter M/W hurdles

Default Re: 400 meter M/W hurdles

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Did you get to see the 400m W hurdle race?
    No. I’ve been in the office for the past 2 days. I think the women’s pole vault qualifiers and surrounding events was it for me for athletics anyway. It’s tv from here on out.

Scheduled to be out at Saitama Super Arena for USA vs. Australia men’s bb quarterfinals. Then field hockey Friday.

I’ve never watched this much of the athletics before. It’s growing on me a lot. So much going on at one time and several medals awarded each day, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do you think Sidney or Mu could win the womens open quarter?
    Mu won the NCAA 400 meters this year by over 1 second [49.57, second was 50.74] She also anchored Texas A & M's Collegiate Record setting 4x400 championship team [3:22.34]. USC was second at 3:24.54.

3. Default Re: 400 meter M/W hurdles

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Mu won the NCAA 400 meters this year by over 1 second [49.57, second was 50.74] She also anchored Texas A & M's Collegiate Record setting 4x400 championship team [3:22.34]. USC was second at 3:24.54.
    ………Who is the USA exchange coach for the 4x100 relay? Mt Carmel’s 8th grade track was better!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ………Who is the USA exchange coach for the 4x100 relay? Mt Carmel’s 8th grade track was better!
    Another embarrassing, inexcusable performance in the relay.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Another embarrassing, inexcusable performance in the relay.
    All ego, no practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    USA doesn't have a particular coach for relays. They just throw 4 guys together and wing it. They were even talking about switching out runners if they made the final.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    USA doesn't have a particular coach for relays. They just throw 4 guys together and wing it. They were even talking about switching out runners if they made the final.
    Switching out runners in not uncommon. Not spending a lot of practice time working on handoffs for a 4x100 is.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Switching out runners in not uncommon. Not spending a lot of practice time working on handoffs for a 4x100 is.
    Right but they changed the rules this year. Instead of only being able to switch 2, you can switch all 4 if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Right but they changed the rules this year. Instead of only being able to switch 2, you can switch all 4 if you want.
    The official roster only shows 2 alternates. I realize that doesn't necessarily mean they can't substitute others besides the 6 listed ones, but it seems to be a pretty good indicator.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information