Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 400 meter M/W hurdles

Default Re: 400 meter M/W hurdles

51.46!!!!!!!! World record for Sidney!!!!

Well... does 51.45 work for you? Third place was 52.03.... Mohamed ran under the World Record and lost. What a race!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Well... does 51.45 work for you? Third place was 52.03.... Mohamed ran under the World Record and lost. What a race!!!!
    Works for me. She is a stud. Both 400 meter races were outstanding. I didn't think she would run 51.4...She could be the mens sunbelt 400m hurdle champ

By the way, that third place is the 4th fastest time in history.

By the way, that third place is the 4th fastest time in history.
    C4L and Cajunrunner mouth probably still on the floor.

The three medalists own 8 of the 10 fastest times in history.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    C4L and Cajunrunner mouth probably still on the floor.
    I was hoping that they would put on a good show. They didn’t disappoint at all.

Courtney Frerichs looked like she had it with a lap to go in the 3000m steeplechase. Still ran a great race, but Chemutai has a ton left in the tank. Am I right that it was the first gold (or medal?) in that event for Uganda?

Also, those are some brave people marking the hammer throw. Let’s hope they don’t misjudge one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Courtney Frerichs looked like she had it with a lap to go in the 3000m steeplechase. Still ran a great race, but Chemutai has a ton left in the tank. Am I right that it was the first gold (or medal?) in that event for Uganda?

Also, those are some brave people marking the hammer throw. Let’s hope they don’t misjudge one of those.
    Did you get to see the 400m W hurdle race?

The women's 4x400 just became the most exciting event in this year's Olympics. The US can field a team in which the slowest leg is 6 time Olympic medalist Alyson Felix. If I were picking the team I would run Felix on the scratch leg, Mohamed on leg 2, McLaughlin on leg 3 and anchor with the best frontrunner in the world, 800 meter Champion Athing Mu. Mu has the 4th fastest time in the world this year in the 400 [49.57] and has run well sub 49 on a relay leg. The winning time in the 400 at the trials was 49.78. The only reason I would have Felix in the race instead of Quanera Hayes [who won the trials] is to give her the chance to win a 7th medal and tie Carl Lewis for the most in a career by a US athlete. Of course, Felix can run a leg in the prelims and get a medal, so I might run Hayes on the scratch leg instead of Felix in the final. Mohamed, McLaughlin and Mu are all capable of running low 48's or high 47's on their legs. If those three run with either Hayes or Felix, the US could well set a new World Record. Even if the US has a bad [for them] first 2 legs, McLaughlin is the best finisher in the world when coming from behind, and if Mu gets the baton in first, no one in the world will catch her.

The women's 4x400 just became the most exciting event in this year's Olympics. The US can field a team in which the slowest leg is 6 time Olympic medalist Alyson Felix. If I were picking the team I would run Felix on the scratch leg, Mohamed on leg 2, McLaughlin on leg 3 and anchor with the best frontrunner in the world Athing Mu. Mu has the 4th fastest time in the world this year in the 400 [49.57] and has run well sub 49 on a relay leg. The winning time in the 400 at the trials was 49.78. The only reason I would have Felix in the race instead of Quanera Hayes [who won the trials] is to give her the chance to win a 7th medal and tie Carl Lewis for the most in a career by a US athlete. Of course, Felix can run a leg in the prelims and get a medal, so I might run Hayes on the scratch leg instead of Felix in the final. Mohamed, McLaughlin and Mu are all capable of running low 48's or high 47's on their legs. If those three run with either Hayes or Felix, the US could well set a new World Record. Even if the US has a bad [for them] first 2 legs, McLaughlin is the best finisher in the world when coming from behind, and if Mu gets the baton in first, no one in the world will catch her.
    Do you think Sidney or Mu could win the womens open quarter?

Do you think Sidney or Mu could win the womens open quarter?
    Yes. Mu has stated that her goal is to be the first female and second person to do the 400-800 double in the Olympics, joining Alberto Juantoreno from Cuba in that elite club. She is only 19, so she has plenty of time to achieve that goal.

McLaughlin is also capable, but less likely to win an Olympic Gold in the open 400 than Mu. I don't think she can run down Mu from behind, and her style is as a closer.

At the end of the 800, everyone else was lying on the track gasping for breath and Mu looked like she had just walked her dog around the park at a leisurely stroll. I think that she is capable of gold at 400, 800 and 1500 meters.

The US has just made a very loud statement in the long sprints and middle distances on the women's side. At the next games, Mu will be 22, McLaughlin will be 24. Nobody will beat either one of them in their specialties, and both are capable of gold in the 400 and 4x400.

Yes. Mu has stated that her goal is to be the first female and second person to do the 400-800 double in the Olympics, joining Alberto Juantoreno from Cuba in that elite club. She is only 19, so she has plenty of time to achieve that goal.

McLaughlin is also capable, but less likely to win an Olympic Gold in the open 400 than Mu. I don't think she can run down Mu from behind, and her style is as a closer.

At the end of the 800, everyone else was lying on the track gasping for breath and Mu looked like she had just walked her dog around the park at a leisurely stroll. I think that she is capable of gold at 400, 800 and 1500 meters.

The US has just made a very loud statement in the long sprints and middle distances on the women's side.
    Those gals that you mention are they confirmed to run the 4x4?

Wow.. just looked up Femke Bol [Netherlands], who has run the 4th and 9th best times in history in the 400 hurdles is also only 21. That will be a fun event for many years to come

Those gals that you mention are they confirmed to run the 4x4?
    Unfortunately, neither Mu, McLaughlin nor Mohamed are listed in the 4x400, even as alternates, though it is my belief that those three plus Shamier Little [who did not make the Olympic team] could beat the team we do have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information