Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Samantha Landry

UL Softball Samantha Landry

Samantha Landry...coming to Louisiana because her father is from Acadiana and she loves the culture and because diamond sports are fan favorites!

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_36pJE9Peg

UL Softball Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

She has elite stuff already. Her fastball is at 70, she changes speeds well and most of all she spots her pitches. Barbers Hill (Mt. Belvieu, Texas) is ranked #2 in the county. If everything pans out we will have 3 big time pitchers next year. The future looks bright and with kids like this the Cajuns may not be shopping the portal as much.

Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Samantha Landry...coming to Louisiana because her father is from Acadiana and she loves the culture and because diamond sports are fan favorites!

Holy bujeebers! Some of those pitches were ridiculous no matter what level you're on.

Default Re: 2022 SB and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Holy bujeebers! Some of those pitches were ridiculous no matter what level you're on.
    She is the real deal. Her high school team is ranked #2 in the nation. If they keep winning in the playoffs and I believe they will, I will be making a trip to watch them play. Thanks for getting the thread back on track.

https://youtu.be/DYlmYxWyXao

Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Make sure to tune in to Espn U on July 31 and catch Sam Landry pitching in the high school all american game.

6. UL Softball Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball incoming freshman pitcher Sam Landry (Mont Belvieu, Texas/Barbers Hill HS) is one of only 40 players nationwide who are set to participate in the prestigious Premier Girls Fastpitch (PGF) 2021 High School All-American Game on Saturday, July 31 at Bill Barber Park in Irvine, Calif.

Default Re: Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

Not sure why the local media is so far behind posting things like this. I posted this 2 weeks ago. This would have never happened when Josh was covering the Acadiana sports scene.

8. Default Re: Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not sure why the local media is so far behind posting things like this. I posted this 3 weeks ago. This would have never happened when Josh was covering the Acadiana sports scene.
    Nothing wrong with saying "I was first" but the complaint is off base.

This isn't regular media. This is an official UL press release.

Sometimes a press release will go out more than once because memories are short.

In this case because the event is two days away.

Default Re: Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nothing wrong with saying "I was first" but the complaint is off base.

This isn't regular media. This is an official UL press release.

Sometimes a press release will go out more than once because memories are short.

In this case because the event is two days away.
    The regular media didn't even report it which is the issue. So press release or not it is irrelevant. The local media( news or newspaper) doesn't even push the local university.

10. Default Re: Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

The regular media didn't even report it which is the issue. So press release or not it is irrelevant. The local media( news or newspaper) doesn't even push the local university.
    The press release went out today SO THAT the media has a chance to report sometime it in the next two days.

Unless the athlete is already well known they never report what an individual is going yo be doing in three weeks.

11. Default Re: Incoming Softbal Freshman Sam Landry to Participate in PGF All-American Game

I’m sure we fixing to get notice that j will try to attend that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The press release went out today SO THAT the media has a chance to report it sometime in the next two days.

Unless the athlete is already well known they never report what an individual is going yo be doing in three weeks.
    Where in the newspaper or the news did you see this announced? I bet in the next two days the answer will still be no where.

Softball is also spelled wrong in the thread title.

Where in the newspaper or the news did you see this announced? I bet in the next two days the answer will still be no where.

Softball is also spelled wrong in the thread title.
    Hey JMV are you, KR, GG, LP, KM and KS this going to Cali to watch Sam play?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Hey JMV are you, KR, GG, LP, KM and KS this going to Cali to watch Sam play?
    Coach, I had to make a change in plans about 3 days ago.

Default Re: Samantha Landry

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

"Swung on and missed" along with "strike out" were the the most common words said in that. She looks like a good kid too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information