Thread: Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

1. UL Softball Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball was well-represented on the list of 2021 Florida Gulf Coast League All-Stars as returning utility player Melissa Mayeux and incoming transfers Stormy Kotzelnick and Ari Quiñones earned the designation for an impressive season in the summer league.

Default Re: Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball was well-represented on the list of 2021 Florida Gulf Coast League All-Stars as returning utility player Melissa Mayeux and incoming transfers Stormy Kotzelnick and Ari Quiñones earned the designation for an impressive season in the summer league.

But, but, but why are we not getting only local high school kids, lol????

3. Default Re: Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

Congratulations Mayeux, Kotzelnick, Quiñones.

4. Default Re: Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    But, but, but why are we not getting only local high school kids, lol????
    Like those girls from North Vermillion and Norte Dame, Bailey Hemphill and others.

Default Re: Trio of Ragin' Cajuns Earn All-Star Status in Florida Gulf Coast League Softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Like those girls from North Vermillion and Norte Dame, Bailey Hemphill and others. Yea, we should turn our noses up on those.
    So.......looking at our incoming HS group, who among them would you uninvite to add any local not coming here? We have 5 HS All Americans and arguably the best pitcher in the country not on the AA team.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    So.......looking at our incoming HS group, who among them would you uninvite to add any local not coming here? We have 5 HS All Americans and arguably the best pitcher in the country not on the AA team.
    None. I love the class that is coming in.

None. I love the class that is coming in.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I totally agree.
    I coached alot of the vermilion, iberia and jeff davis parish kids. There isn't any talent that graduated this year in my opinion from those parishes that have what UL is looking for. That is not a knock on the girls just that the girls Coach Glasco have coming in have more talent. Their is a kid at NVHS that went to some UL camps and Coach liked her but she would have had to make it as a walk on. She had a outside shot to make the team. She will give up all sports and concentrate on academics.

It’s always great to get the local talent, but the don’t bring much to the table as far as revenue. I’m involved with USA Baseball and the main thing I’ve learned that they do is put together the best TEAM, not the just the best players. Look at USA basketball right now, they put the best players together and are playing like crap because they’re all individuals. Of course I don’t know much about softball so I check with JMV to get my info.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    It’s always great to get the local talent, but the don’t bring much to the table as far as revenue. I’m involved with USA Baseball and the main thing I’ve learned that they do is put together the best TEAM, not the just the best players. Look at USA basketball right now, they put the best players together and are playing like crap because they’re all individuals. Of course I don’t know much about softball so I check with JMV to get my info.
    Thanks Coach Chris appreciate all the calls, visits and asking of my opinion and knowledge when it comes to Cajun softball or softball in general. As always I am just a phone call away if you guys need anything. I wish I could help you guys out with throwing some bp but the old arm and shoulder has lost a lot of velo from the good old day. Can't wait to watch your niece compete at UL.

Thanks Coach Chris appreciate all the calls, visits and asking of my opinion and knowledge when it comes to Cajun softball or softball in general. As always I am just a phone call away if you guys need anything. I wish I could help you guys out with throwing some bp but the old arm and shoulder has lost a lot of velo from the good old day. Can't wait to watch your niece compete at UL.
    I missed her 1st event because I was out of state. She finished 2nd in the USA Powerlifting Bons Temp Raw Challenge. Not bad for her first ever raw competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I missed her 1st event because I was out of state. She finished 2nd in the USA Powerlifting Bons Temp Raw Challenge. Not bad for her first ever raw competition.
    She is a beast for sure.

Thread Information