Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Football Recruiting 247Sports

  1. #16

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Sr. year highlights or not, lol, this 2022 class has to be one of the toughest to evaluate for coaching staffs and even more so for recruiting services. I usually take recruiting ranking with a side eye approach, but this year I will be even more cautious of the results.


  2. #17

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Sr. year highlights or not, lol, this 2022 class has to be one of the toughest to evaluate for coaching staffs and even more so for recruiting services. I usually take recruiting ranking with a side eye approach, but this year I will be even more cautious of the results.
    exactly without camps its almost impossible to get a good idea of ranking a player

  3. #18

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Sr. year highlights or not, lol, this 2022 class has to be one of the toughest to evaluate for coaching staffs and even more so for recruiting services. I usually take recruiting ranking with a side eye approach, but this year I will be even more cautious of the results.
    It's been more of a challenge not being able to host camps last summer. But they have junior film on all these athletes and all of them came in for camps this past month. Remember also that these early commitments will not officially sign until November. So the have a chance to watch some of their senior games in person unless Covid restrictions are implemented again.

  4. #19
    Rainman66 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's been more of a challenge not being able to host camps last summer. But they have junior film on all these athletes and all of them came in for camps this past month. Remember also that these early commitments will not officially sign until November. So the have a chance to watch some of their senior games in person unless Covid restrictions are implemented again.
    Did signing move up a month? It is usually in December.

  5. #20

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Did signing move up a month? It is usually in December.
    Yes, sorry on the brain dead date. I wouldn't be surprised if the list of commitments changes late and I'm not talking additions. It happens every year.

  6. #21

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's been more of a challenge not being able to host camps last summer. But they have junior film on all these athletes and all of them came in for camps this past month. Remember also that these early commitments will not officially sign until November. So the have a chance to watch some of their senior games in person unless Covid restrictions are implemented again.
    so, most the important part of staff evaluation is not as bad, however, as for recruiting ranking, do you feel they are equal quality to recent rankings on players?

  7. #22

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    so, most the important part of staff evaluation is not as bad, however, as for recruiting ranking, do you feel they are equal quality to recent rankings on players?
    Those get updated during the season as senior film is posted. Also summer camps are part of that evaluation. Not concerned with ratings right now and as we know they are only one avenue to evaluate athletes.

  8. #23

    Default Re: Football Recruiting 247Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    It's been more of a challenge not being able to host camps last summer. But they have junior film on all these athletes and all of them came in for camps this past month. Remember also that these early commitments will not officially sign until November. So the have a chance to watch some of their senior games in person unless Covid restrictions are implemented again.
    ........ T, you hit the major point in my mind .... what they did in mini camps this Summer ..... Except for the great ones and even at times those, the judging of HS to college performance is the key ..... Working with our guys say in the morning and then evaluating a HS senior does give a pretty credible critique advantage ...... as per my post, only one thing really missing .... Senior Friday Night Lights!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 30th, 2020, 01:31 am
  2. Football recruiting
    By Oiler in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: January 11th, 2016, 08:55 am
  3. Football Recruiting
    By CoolCajun123 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: January 5th, 2016, 01:55 pm
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 16th, 2013, 06:05 pm
  5. 247sports update morning of Signing day...
    By basinbear in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: February 6th, 2013, 10:03 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •