Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

1. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    The ____ storm he came into he has a lifetime pass from me ... we have literally been a top 25 team his entire tenure here
    UL was the same under Lotief. Won the Sunbelt every year under Glasco just like they did almost every year under Lotief. Went to a few SR under Lotief but never under Glasco.
    Went to the WCWS under Lotief but haven't done so under Glasco.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    UL was the same under Lotief. Won the Sunbelt every year under Glasco just like they did almost every year under Lotief. Went to a few SR under Lotief but never under Glasco.
    Went to the WCWS under Lotief but haven't done so under Glasco.
    Maintaining the status quo under threat of mass exodus without mass influx was a very impressive feat.

Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The next question will be - who would be available that can do better at a price we can afford?

This discussion is way, way, way, way, way, way, way - did I say way to premature.
    Vic you do realize no one wants to fire him the question when do we get on him heck Deggs has been here two years and people are already calling him out without complaint from this board. That's the question even if I wanted him fired which I don't I have no power or say so in that. In Maggard I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    My personal opinion 2 or 3 more years. I believe the pitching this upcoming season will be the strongest it has been since he took over.
    I can respect that.

The ____ storm he came into he has a lifetime pass from me ... we have literally been a top 25 team his entire tenure here
    You do realize we have been a top twenty five program for the last 20 years.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Seems like you are very high on Coach Glasco so this is an honest question no ill intent with it. How long do we give him if he can't get out of a regional. (Not saying fire him just getting on him) The reason I ask is the old regime did this and more. Don't get me wrong I hope he wins multiple NC here. But just a question.
    So what does "just getting on him" mean?

I think you either believe in a coach or you don't.

I don't see too many people getting on here and saying "Deggs got rid of Talbot, he is now my man again."

Facts.. They are our time tested sports program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So what does "just getting on him" mean?

I think you either believe in a coach or you don't.

I don't see too many people getting on here and saying "Deggs got rid of Talbot, he is now my man again."
    Calling him out for not getting us to the next level. The same way we call out other coaches such as Deggs and Marlin. Of course Bob had plenty of time to right the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Facts.. They are our time tested sports program.
    Agree, I asked the question because we have been where we are for a long time. We hire coaches to improve our teams from where they are. I have no problem with Glasco outside of being a typical fan. I wanted to know how long do we give him before we start saying we've been here at this place for x years when are you going to move the needle or do we sit by and pretend we haven't been a top 25 team that wins the SBC regularly and occasional regional.

Agree, I asked the question because we have been where we are for a long time. We hire coaches to improve our teams from where they are. I have no problem with Glasco outside of being a typical fan. I wanted to know how long do we give him before we start saying we've been here at this place for x years when are you going to move the needle or do we sit by and pretend we haven't been a top 25 team that wins the SBC regularly and occasional regional.
    Fair questions... that's what makes a fan message board thought provoking and it's entertaining to read fellow fans thoughts on the questions.

Oh yeah I remember every other year when the coach tried to destroy the program and all the core players transfered out. Then players suing for title 9 violations totally normal thing

Happens all the time

Oh yeah I remember every other year when the coach tried to destroy the program and all the core players transfered out. Then players suing for title 9 violations totally normal thing

Happens all the time
    We were a better program under Yvette Girard and better under Glasco.

Lotief is a POS. Period.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Calling him out for not getting us to the next level. The same way we call out other coaches such as Deggs and Marlin. Of course Bob had plenty of time to right the ship.
    Apples and oranges. Those two coaches have not made post season play or in the case of Marlin has barely made post season play in his tenure.

Glasco has made post season play and has been just short of going to a super regional every year he has coached here. I am trying to understand the baseline and that baseline should in no instance be established based upon the recent results of the two coaches named. So, can you say specifically what is the time when you are asking about when we would be "just getting on him"?

Is it not making a super regional? Is it not making a CWS? Is it not winning a CWS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    What service are you looking at that has the 2022 Cajun recruiting class as No. 1? Softball America has the 2022 LSU recruiting class as their No.1.
    Hey, Mark that is what I was told. Not sure what services ranked them #1. I was also told that class is better than the 21 class, which doesn't mean they will rank higher. We will have to see how it all shakes out. Regardless of paper rankings the product has to ball out on the field for it to mean anything.

15. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Hey, Mark that is what I was told. Not sure what services ranked them #1. I was also told that class is better than the 21 class, which doesn't mean they will rank higher. We will have to see how it all shakes out. Regardless of paper rankings the product has to ball out on the field for it to mean anything.
    I think it's the Extra Inning Softball that ranks UL's 2021 signing-class number 1 according to the Advocate:

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...d2dfbb379.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information