Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Seems like you are very high on Coach Glasco so this is an honest question no ill intent with it. How long do we give him if he can't get out of a regional. (Not saying fire him just getting on him) The reason I ask is the old regime did this and more. Don't get me wrong I hope he wins multiple NC here. But just a question.
    My personal opinion 2 or 3 more years. I believe the pitching this upcoming season will be the strongest it has been since he took over.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

The next question will be - who would be available that can do better at a price we can afford?

This discussion is way, way, way, way, way, way, way - did I say way to premature.

Seems like you are very high on Coach Glasco so this is an honest question no ill intent with it. How long do we give him if he can't get out of a regional. (Not saying fire him just getting on him) The reason I ask is the old regime did this and more. Don't get me wrong I hope he wins multiple NC here. But just a question.
    The ____ storm he came into he has a lifetime pass from me ... we have literally been a top 25 team his entire tenure here

4. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    The ____ storm he came into he has a lifetime pass from me ... we have literally been a top 25 team his entire tenure here
    But some are never satisfied.

5. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'm happy.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'm happy.
    Did you see the board during the season or did you forget? Some have short memories also.

Speak for yourself. I am happy with the current direction of the program.

8. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Speak for yourself. I am happy with the current direction of the program.
    I suspected that you only read what you wrote on the board during the season. You know, self important bastard.

I suspected that you only read what you wrote on the board during the season. You know, self important bastard.
    Please stay classy and on topic.

10. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

Please stay classy and on topic.
    Throw in the towel or just take it. What a putty cat.

UL Softball Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

I know you addressed this to JMVCAJUNS, but I feel like responding.

There is no timetable for Gerry. His standards are high and he makes tremendous efforts towards reaching his goal. He only has one goal and that is to win a national championship. It was necessary for him to take the path he is on because if he had not kept the program at it's current high level (top 25 rpi, competitive with elite programs, dominating the conference, making and being competitive in regionals), it would have put him so far behind the curve that he would never have gotten there. Bringing in high quality transfers, upgrading the schedule (2020), all the other things he has done have kept this program in a position to have a legitimate chance of being in the running for the national championship within the next 3-4 years.

Gerry now has his recruiting classes coming in. He could not get his recruits here earlier because elite level players commit after their freshmen seasons and they do not typically change their minds once they have committed. They cannot now make it official until their senior seasons, but most top level players know where they are going well in advance of their senior seasons. The key for Gerry is now to make sure the quality of the schedule matches the quality of the players he has recruited. There is a reason why regional hosts normally advance to super regionals. I am looking forward to seeing what Gerry is able to do after his collaboration with Brian. The 2022 schedule should be very interesting.

There will be quite a few question marks about the overall strength of this team for 2022. If the schedule is strong and they have success against it, hosting a regional is a distinct possibility, thus a chance to advance to supers. But 2022 WILL lay the foundation for a run to the national championship. I'm looking forward to February.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post

There is no timetable for Gerry. His standards are high and he makes tremendous efforts towards reaching his goal. He only has one goal and that is to win a national championship. It was necessary for him to take the path he is on because if he had not kept the program at it's current high level (top 25 rpi, competitive with elite programs, dominating the conference, making and being competitive in regionals), it would have put him so far behind the curve that he would never have gotten there. Bringing in high quality transfers, upgrading the schedule (2020), all the other things he has done have kept this program in a position to have a legitimate chance of being in the running for the national championship within the next 3-4 years.

Gerry now has his recruiting classes coming in. He could not get his recruits here earlier because elite level players commit after their freshmen seasons and they do not typically change their minds once they have committed. They cannot now make it official until their senior seasons, but most top level players know where they are going well in advance of their senior seasons. The key for Gerry is now to make sure the quality of the schedule matches the quality of the players he has recruited. There is a reason why regional hosts normally advance to super regionals. I am looking forward to seeing what Gerry is able to do after his collaboration with Brian. The 2022 schedule should be very interesting.

There will be quite a few question marks about the overall strength of this team for 2022. If the schedule is strong and they have success against it, hosting a regional is a distinct possibility, thus a chance to advance to supers. But 2022 WILL lay the foundation for a run to the national championship. I'm looking forward to February.
    Mr Terrell, you sir have knocked this one out of the park. A homerun post for sure. Coach Glasco has been eyeing this class for a while and this will truly be his team. The schedule and how everything shakes out will surely be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post

Excellent post!

It’s no doubt Coach Glasco can recruit talent. The talent has to buy into the program and each other. They seem very quiet in the dugout. If he can get them verbally invested during the games by cheering for one another, I believe emotion would take us to the rest of the way.

15. Default Re: Louisiana Signee Falterman Named All-American, Golden Shoe Winner

I believe Kayla will be in the outfield for the Cajuns. This class is #1, and the following class will also be be #1. Coach Glasco is loading up on elite talent.
    What service are you looking at that has the 2022 Cajun recruiting class as No. 1? Softball America has the 2022 LSU recruiting class as their No.1.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information