Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

thats why i watch KATC

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Too bad the new coach can't bring back Elijah Milsap. We really missed out on that kid. He is an absolute stud. I'm getting sick to my stomach watching him light up the tar heels by himself. To think that guy should be a Cajun is just gut wrenching. Him and TJ together would have been a joy to watch, not to mention how they would have dominated the belt. Milsap was the last Elite D1 player we had in the robert lee area, with the exception of Tyrens emergence. igeaux.mobi _
    It seems to me that Gradnigo would be a bigger force with another coach.

3. Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

Dude, Chris Gradnigo is a lazy head case. If he played for a coach that didn't require him to play defense, maybe he would be of some use.
    igeaux.mobi

_ Too bad the new coach can't bring back Elijah Milsap. We really missed out on that kid. He is an absolute stud. I'm getting sick to my stomach watching him light up the tar heels by himself. To think that guy should be a Cajun is just gut wrenching. Him and TJ together would have been a joy to watch, not to mention how they would have dominated the belt. Milsap was the last Elite D1 player we had in the robert lee area, with the exception of Tyrens emergence. igeaux.mobi _
    TJ would have never seen the ball this year. Why are we talking about someone who hasn't been part of this team since he was a freshman? What was that 3 years ago?

5. Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

We're talking about it because its another example of missed opportunities for the basketball program, and its also a look to the future, with hopes that we will get these kind of athletes again. New coach, heres lookin at you, kid igeaux.mobi

Light up the Tarheels? He scored two baskets in a row and that was about it.

_ We're talking about it because its another example of missed opportunities for the basketball program, and its also a look to the future, with hopes that we will get these kind of athletes again. New coach, heres lookin at you, kid igeaux.mobi _

The missed opportunity was in large part, due to Millsap's selfishness and attitude. We didn't miss out on anything as at the time he was here, his presence was counterproductive to the team. Yes, he has become a very nice player there and he's also improved a ton as it doesn't look like he turns the ball over nearly as much and his shot selection is much better but his time here was made worse by not only Lee but himself.

8. Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ The missed opportunity was in large part, due to Millsap's selfishness and attitude. We didn't miss out on anything as at the time he was here, his presence was counterproductive to the team. Yes, he has become a very nice player there and he's also improved a ton as it doesn't look like he turns the ball over nearly as much and his shot selection is much better but his time here was made worse by not only Lee but himself. _
    Milsap had at least 14 points in the second half alone. He scored 4 out of 6 buckets at the beginning of the second half.

I didn't blame Lee for anything. I said it was a missed opportunity. The guy got a bad wrap, ok. I don't know this for certain, but I've been on teams where really talented guys, who were used to winning and competing at a high level were dissatisfied with a situation, soley because things weren't being run correctly from the top. According to 95% of fans on this board, we all agreed with Milsap. You can't fault a player for wanting to win, and you definitely can't fault him for noticing that Lee was going no where.

I'm not excusing selfish behavior, but understand how he could have been frustrated. Winners want to win, and if they're being impeded by something they can't control, I totally understand being unhappy.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Boys I remember Mr Millsaps almost singlehandedly blow a 20 pt lead at UNO. Feb. 20, 2008

Glad he "got better" somewheres else.

Z

_ Milsap had at least 14 points in the second half alone. He scored 4 out of 6 buckets at the beginning of the second half.

I didn't blame Lee for anything. I said it was a missed opportunity. The guy got a bad wrap, ok. I don't know this for certain, but I've been on teams where really talented guys, who were used to winning and competing at a high level were dissatisfied with a situation, soley because things weren't being run correctly from the top. According to 95% of fans on this board, we all agreed with Milsap. You can't fault a player for wanting to win, and you definitely can't fault him for noticing that Lee was going no where.

I'm not excusing selfish behavior, but understand how he could have been frustrated. Winners want to win, and if they're being impeded by something they can't control, I totally understand being unhappy. _
    Millsaps also shot very poorly for stretches last night and took some bad outside shots. He ended up as their leading scorer but I guess the moments for which he didn't perform down the stretch clouded my judgment of his performance. His statline was obviously not bad.

The fans on this site have very little to NO understanding of truly what went on with Millsaps while he was here. From many close to the situation, even those who were not necessarily fans of Lee, they indicated and verified that Millsaps was very disgruntled over the decision to play freshmen Gradnigo and Bureau amongst others in the rotation which decreased his playing time quite a bit. If you remember, Lee ran about a 10-11 man rotation which I was not necessarily in favor of because its hard to establish chemistry and cohesiveness with that many people. I can understand a young man losing time and not liking it. However, Millsaps was also a liability at times with poor play for prolonged periods of time, selfishness and unwillingness to make the extra pass and because he was unwilling to make that extra pass a lot of times, he drew a LOT of fouls on the offensive end and turned the ball over more than anyone else. He was a young player and you can expect that at times but he never improved it and it got worse in large part, I believe, because he was trying to get his as they say.

I agree with Z, let him improve somewhere else. Whether you like Lee or not, he took a lot of unnecessary blame for that situation when the young man became a distraction in the lockerroom and to his team.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information