Quote Originally Posted by Double Oh View Post
    _ way too much baggage-

he will be gone in 2-3 years _
    What candidate do you support?

4. Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

_ way too much baggage-

Yes, after taking the Cajuns to tourney 2nd round or maybe even sweet 16 in a few years, he will move on.

It would be the best hire in the history of cajuns athletics, considering Floyd is a top 5 in the country coach and the dire state of the basketball program at present.

Default Re: KLFY Reporting Offer to Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    KLFY is also saying it will be a week before a decision is made. If correct, I don't think that is a good thing as it will be difficult to interview quality candidates with any degree of sincerity in the interim. If Floyd declines in a week, it may be difficult for us to get someone we wanted as that person may have taken another offer. Even if this is true, I would have preferred it not be made public.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ KLFY is also saying it will be a week before a decision is made. If correct, I don't think that is a good thing as it will be difficult to interview quality candidates with any degree of sincerity in the interim. If Floyd declines in a week, it may be difficult for us to get someone we wanted as that person may have taken another offer. Even if this is true, I would have preferred it not be made public. _
    Mike you are assuming that the interviews have not already been done

George Faust is a clown
    igeaux.mobi

I am working in the New Orleans area tonight and was watching WWL TV's 10 O'clock news. They also just mentioned that Tim Floyd is being considered for the UL job! A Hornet's employee (did not hear who it was) also confirmed that Floyd is interested in returning to college coachng and would be an outstanding hire for ANY school.

Too much smoke for no fire!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    _ I am working in the New Orleans area tonight and was watching WWL TV's 10 O'clock news. They also just mentioned that Tim Floyd is being considered for the UL job! A Hornet's employee (did not hear who it was) also confirmed that Floyd is interested in returning to college coachng and would be an outstanding hire for ANY school.

Too much smoke for no fire!!!!!!!!!! _
    Temper your excitement. An offer is just that, an offer. Floyd will have options. Some may have bigger paydays. Just depends on what he wants to do.

_ Mike you are assuming that the interviews have not already been done _
    Floyd has interviewed, but Kennedy and Marlin have not as of today. If we interview any other candidates this week, I'm not buying this report. You don't offer the position and continue to interview candidates once it is publicly leaked. Why would anyone come in to interview after it was publicly leaked Floyd has been offered the job?

igeaux.mobi
    .and there could also be an offer pending he is cleared by the NCAA. U never k ow when that would be

At first i didn't like the posibility, but i've turned into a fan of it. What about the allegations???

_ way too much baggage-

Who cares, this is a mid-major program. Any coach worth paying money for will come in and win, then move on. This is the best you can wish for in my opinion.

_ Temper your excitement. An offer is just that, an offer. Floyd will have options. Some may have bigger paydays. Just depends on what he wants to do. _
    I didn't say I was excited or not excited. I just pointed out that it appears UL has made some sort of contact involving Tim Floyd. If that contact involves and offer, it will be strictly up to him weather he accepts or declines the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Who cares, this is a mid-major program. Any coach worth paying money for will come in and win, then move on. This is the best you can wish for in my opinion. _
    I'm with you. Let him get us winning then leave. Our next coaching hire will be much more inviting baring we don't pick up a good assistant to stay.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information