Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124

Thread: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

  1. #106

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Here are Independent Schedules for BYU, Liberty, UCONN and NMSU. Pretty good schedules. Only NMSU is playing Hawaii twice (a nice road trip). BTW, Hawaii is in the MWC and still paying NMSU twice.

    BYU

    Arizona - in Las Vegas
    Utah (H)
    Arizona State (H)
    USF (H)
    Utah State
    Boise State (H)
    Washington State
    Virginia (H)
    Idaho State (H)
    GA Southern
    USC

    UCONN

    Fresno State
    Holy Cross (H)
    Purdue
    Army
    Wyoming (H)
    Vanderbilt
    UMASS
    Yale (H)
    MTSU (H)
    Clemson
    UCF
    Houston (H)

    Liberty

    Campbell (H)
    Troy
    ODU (H)
    Syracuse
    UAB
    MTSU (H)
    ULM
    N. Texas
    UMASS (H)
    Ole Miss
    Louisiana (H)
    Army

    NMSU

    UTEP (H)
    San Diego State
    New Mexico
    S.C. State (H)
    Hawaii (H)
    San Jose State
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    Utah State (H)
    Alabama
    Kentucky
    UMASS (H)
    Houston you left out UMASS. But look at UCONN schedule. They are playing 2 fcs schools. YAle and holy cross. Not the powers of fcs. They also are playing umass who might be worse then Yale and holy cross.

    Besides nmsu forced to play a twice in a season for the 2nd straight year they are also playing sc state who is dropping down from fcs.

    I’m done with this discussion. If anyone agrees with turbine you are nuts.

  2. #107

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Houston you left out UMASS. But look at UCONN schedule. They are playing 2 fcs schools. YAle and holy cross. Not the powers of fcs. They also are playing umass who might be worse then Yale and holy cross.

    Besides nmsu forced to play a twice in a season for the 2nd straight year they are also playing sc state who is dropping down from fcs.

    I’m done with this discussion. If anyone agrees with turbine you are nuts.
    It's such a dumb discussion every time it comes up. Not only are we talking about scheduling nightmares and no conference money sharing we are now trying to attach ourselves to some sort of french francophone marketing and branding that NOBODY cares about. We can't even agree on the origins of the word "Lagniappe". Goodness.

  3. Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Houston you left out UMASS. But look at UCONN schedule. They are playing 2 fcs schools. YAle and holy cross. Not the powers of fcs. They also are playing umass who might be worse then Yale and holy cross.

    Besides nmsu forced to play a twice in a season for the 2nd straight year they are also playing sc state who is dropping down from fcs.

    I’m done with this discussion. If anyone agrees with turbine you are nuts.
    When you have an argument that applies to Louisiana, feel free to speak up.

  4. #109

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    The two fcs skool restriction only comes into play if you are 6-6 AND there is a tie for the slot. nobody ever says hey they are 8-4 with two fcs put the 6-6 team ahead of them. to me its worth the “risk”. shouldnt be a goal, but better than only playing 11


  5. #110

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When you have an argument that applies to Louisiana, feel free to speak up.
    I’ve challenged you multiple times to debate and we have been invited to a podcast that I accepted and you refused.

  6. #111

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Iíve challenged you multiple times to debate and we have been invited to a podcast that I accepted and you refused.
    Would be nice if turbine could set up some type of zoom meeting thru ragin pagin to have these discussions.

  7. Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    The two fcs skool restriction only comes into play if you are 6-6 AND there is a tie for the slot. nobody ever says hey they are 8-4 with two fcs put the 6-6 team ahead of them. to me its worth the “risk”. shouldnt be a goal, but better than only playing 11
    I'd rather play an extra appearance fee game and park the money to get a one time home game from a quality opponent down the road.

  8. #113

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'd rather play an extra appearance fee game and park the money to get a one time home game from a quality opponent down the road.
    Before you said we would get a 2-1. I told you that would not happen. Now you are saying a possible home game down the road. Your argument holds no water.

  9. Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Before you said we would get a 2-1. I told you that would not happen. Now you are saying a possible home game down the road. Your argument holds no water.
    Where do you get that I took 2 for 1 games off the table?

    There are 130+ teams to deal with. Each has their trigger point, each has their personal sweet spot.

    There are no cookie cutter situations, nor should there be.

  10. #115

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Where do you get that I took 2 for 1 games off the table?

    There are 130+ teams to deal with. Each has their trigger point, each has their personal sweet spot.

    There are no cookie cutter situations, nor should there be.
    Oh I don't know....."down the road" meaning you don't even think a quality opponent will agree to a 2 for 1. why would they, their is nothing it for them, they don't need us as much as we need them. They have conference games, we won't.

  11. Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Oh I don't know....."down the road" meaning you don't even think a quality opponent will agree to a 2 for 1. why would they, their is nothing it for them, they don't need us as much as we need them. They have conference games, we won't.
    I still think a 2-1 is available. I still think a home game down the road is buyable, got to save the money first.

    It doesn't matter if they have conference games and Louisiana wouldn't. There are about 4 OOC games for 130 teams. That is 520 possibilities every single year. Louisiana only needs 12.

  12. #117

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Yet NMSU UCONN and UMASS struggle to do it every year. But we are better. Why?


  13. #118

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yet NMSU UCONN and UMASS struggle to do it every year. But we are better. Why?
    Cause we got DAT CULTCHA, baby!!

  14. Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yet NMSU UCONN and UMASS struggle to do it every year. But we are better. Why?
    To many variables to address, just some history.

    UConn has only been D1 since 2001. UMASS for 11 or so. No history.

    For NMSU it is WAY too soon to say "every year" and hang your hat on it.

    NMSU has only been indy for three years and almost every other school had their schedule filled beyond that. It's going to get somewhat easier for them but they will never get beyond their location.

  15. #120

    Default Re: NCAA boss Emmert says the organizations time has come

    Going independent shouldn’t happen. It won’t happen.


Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OT: Emmert
    By 31Ragin97 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 29th, 2018, 03:33 pm
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 10th, 2014, 12:04 pm
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 19th, 2012, 01:58 pm
  4. Mark Emmert summons presidents
    By NewsCopy in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 13th, 2011, 03:09 pm
  5. Clubs and Organizations
    By Cajun1997 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 21st, 2002, 03:13 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •