Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    In a wild scenario in which the Cajuns run the table and somehow make the CFP, I could possibly see this being viable.

Texas would have to win out and Liberty and the rest of the teams on our schedule would have to stay hot…even then not sure we could sneak in.
    They would still put a 2 loss Ohio state in over any G5 team

2. Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Depends on when the losses occurred, and who they lost to.

3. Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Hell, they may put a 1 loss Texas in over any G5 team, including the team that beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hell, they may put a 1 loss Texas in over any G5 team, including the team that beat them.
    They may put a one loss team in over the Cajuns, but that team will not be Texas as they will have more than one loss.

5. Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    They may put a loss team in over the Cajuns, but that team will not Texas as they will have more than one loss.
    His hypothetical has Texas winning out. You can’t have it both ways in the same analysis.

They damn sure had Iowa state ranked higher than us all last season even though we beat them by 17 and they had 3 losses. As long as they can screw the little guy they will. Until it goes to 12 teams and the 6 highest ranked conference champs are automatically included there is absolutely no shot of any of the G5 getting in.

7. Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    They damn sure had Iowa state ranked higher than us all last season even though we beat them by 17 and they had 3 losses. As long as they can screw the little guy they will. Until it goes to 12 teams and the 6 highest ranked conference champs are automatically included there is absolutely no shot of any of the G5 getting in.
    Last year the polls treated the loss by Iowa St to us like it was a jamboree loss that did not count.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Last year the polls treated the loss by Iowa St to us like it was a jamboree loss that did not count.
    Yeah and they’d probably do the same this year with Texas. Especially if we both won out after beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Yeah and they’d probably do the same this year with Texas. Especially if we both won out after beating them.
    Name perception wins everytime.

10. Default Re: 6 Group of Five contenders for New Year’s Six Bowls

Name perception wins everytime.
    No doubt, and the gap is substantial.

This year though, it should be noted that Louisiana's name perception has grown by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If UL beats Texas. I'll probably go to the McNeese game... signed clueless casual fan...
    Now that is some funny stuff!

I bet your clueless casual fan is just waiting on someone to give them some tickets.

signed longtime CAJUN fan

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    If UL beats Texas. I'll probably go to the McNeese game... signed clueless casual fan...
    It is pretty sad.

If we lose to Texas by single digits, it'll be your typical "SEE! They can't play with the big boys!" bull____. From idiots who don't realize our team with a $35 Million per year athletic budget is going into Austin against a team from a $200 Million per year athletic budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    It is pretty sad.

If we lose to Texas by single digits, it'll be your typical "SEE! They can't play with the big boys!" bull____. From idiots who don't realize our team with a $35 Million per year athletic budget is going into Austin against a team from a $200 Million per year athletic budget.
    Fan of 71 has been saying things like this tongue and cheek. He isn't being serious.

Fan of 71 has been saying things like this tongue and cheek. He isn't being serious.
    I’m well aware. I’m agreeing with him and commenting on how the potential “fanbase” or community would react.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m well aware. I’m agreeing with him and commenting on how the potential “fanbase” or community would react.
    10-4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information