Thread: Iowa State’s Matt Campbell on Louisiana

1. UL Football Iowa State’s Matt Campbell on Louisiana

The first game of the Steve Sarkisian era is Sept. 4 against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.

The first game of Iowa State’s 2020 season was also against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns. Billy Napier’s team traveled to Ames, Iowa and defeated the Cyclones 31-14. ISU quarterback Brock Purdy was 16-of-35 for 145 yards with one interception. Running back Breece Hall tallied 103 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries. Xavier Hutchinson, ISU’s leading receiver in 2020, had four catches for 43 yards.

2. Default Re: Iowa State’s Matt Campbell on Louisiana

I would love to know Matt Campbell's opinion of Louisiana prior to scheduling last years game.

Default Re: Iowa State’s Matt Campbell on Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would love to know Matt Campbell's opinion of Louisiana prior to scheduling last years game.
    It was probably the same as any other P5 team would have been. Not like we had a winning tradition or anything.

Iowa State hasn't asked for a rematch yet have they?

5. Default Re: Iowa State’s Matt Campbell on Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It was probably the same as any other P5 team would have been. Not like we had a winning tradition or anything.
    I think it is this. I also think that we are well on our way to a point where P5 Teams will view us similar to how they view Boise St when they play them - they are a G5, but we better sure as hell not sleep on this game or we will get it handed to us.

Yep, there should be a rematch so that Coach Campbell can show it was JUST A FLUKE. Rematch should happen at CAJUN FIELD so they can experience the wonderful food in our area, LOL

Thread Information