Thread: Ohio coach steps down

UL Football Ohio coach steps down

Ohio coach Frank Solich has stepped down. OC Tim Albin has been named head coach.

The Bobcats visit the #Cajuns on Sept. 16.

Default Re: Ohio coach steps down

I hope his health is good.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I hope his health is good.
    He said it was time for him to step away to focus on a cardiovascular health issue.

He was the oldest coach in the FBS at 74. Still think he got screwed at Nebraska years ago. But he turned Ohio into a perennial contender in the MAC. Very good football coach.

He's a cousin to former Cajun LHP Brent Solich.

5. Default Re: Ohio coach steps down

Wow, just 1 month and 1/2 from the start of the season. This obviously is something he has to be concerned with or he would not have waited as long as he did. Solich has done a really good job at Ohio, I am sure he will be missed there. Last year they only played 3 games and went 2-1, but previous to that they were in bowl games conistantly from 2015 to 2019.
    2015 8-5 lost to APP in the Camellia Bowl
    2016 8-6 lost to Troy in the Dollar General Bowl
    2017 9-4 beat UAB in the Bahama Bowl
    2018 9-4 beat SDSU in the Frisco Bowl
    2019 7-6 beat Nevada in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Played in bowl games in 11 of the 15 seasons (excluding Covid year). 115-82 at Ohio and 173-101 overall as a head coach. Jay is correct he was screwed at Nebraska, he went 58-19 and was ranked every year but 1 at Nebraska, including seasons of 12-1, 11-2, 9-4 and 9-3 while there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Wow, just 1 month and 1/2 from the start of the season. This obviously is something he has to be concerned with or he would not have waited as long as he did. Solich has done a really good job at Ohio, I am sure he will be missed there. Last year they only played 3 games and went 2-1, but previous to that they were in bowl games conistantly from 2015 to 2019.
    2015 8-5 lost to APP in the Camellia Bowl
    2016 8-6 lost to Troy in the Dollar General Bowl
    2017 9-4 beat UAB in the Bahama Bowl
    2018 9-4 beat SDSU in the Frisco Bowl
    2019 7-6 beat Nevada in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Played in bowl games in 11 of the 15 seasons (excluding Covid year). 115-82 at Ohio and 173-101 overall as a head coach. Jay is correct he was screwed at Nebraska, he went 58-19 and was ranked every year but 1 at Nebraska, including seasons of 12-1, 11-2, 9-4 and 9-3 while there.
    His only fault at Nebraska is that he followed one of the greatest coaches of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    His only fault at Nebraska is that he followed one of the greatest coaches of all time
    And they haven't been very good after he left. I guess they get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And they haven't been very good after he left. I guess they get what they deserve.
    They can't accept Nebraska is a middle of the road P5 nowadays

Thread Information