Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spencer Arrighetti

1. NFL, NBA, MLB Spencer Arrighetti

For the first time since 2018, Louisiana had multiple pitchers drafted after Spencer Arrighetti and Connor Cooke were selected in the 2021 Major League Baseball Draft.

Arrighetti was chosen by the Houston Astros with the 178th overall pick in the Sixth Round, while Cooke was taken by the Toronto Blue Jays with the 302nd pick in the 10th Round.

With the two selections, Louisiana has now had at least one player drafted in 40 of the last 41 drafts. It also marks just the fourth time in program history the Ragin' Cajuns had two or more pitchers taken in the same draft.
    Arrighetti, who finished his career at Louisiana after stints at TCU and Navarro Junior College, led the Ragin' Cajuns with 83.2 innings pitched in 2021, posting a 7-6 record with a 3.12 ERA and a team-high 91 strikeouts.

The Katy, Texas, native's top performance of the season came on March 26 when he fanned 11 batters and only allowed three hits in 7.1 innings of work against Sun Belt foe Coastal Carolina. He went on to earn Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week honors following the performance.

"Spence is an overachiever and ultimate competitor," head coach Matt Deggs said. "His stuff always plays up because of the intent and belief that is coming off of it. Because of that, I could very easily see him pitching in the big leagues one day."

2. Default Re: Arrighetti, Cooke Taken on Day Two of the 2021 MLB Draft

Thanks BJ Ryan

3. NFL, NBA, MLB Arrighetti Is Headed To Houston

Former pitcher for the Ragin' Cajuns Baseball team, Spencer Arrighetti, has been taken #178 overall by the Houston Astros in this year's MLB Draft. A social media post shows the emotional moment between the former Cajun and his loved ones as he got the call from Houston.

Default Spencer Arrighetti Working His Way Back To Houston

https://www.astrosfuture.com/2022/06...ck-to-houston/

"Not always does a major league dream actually go full circle. With one of the Astros pitching prospects, Spencer Arrighetti, he has the chance to actually complete that circle from growing up a fan of a team to pitching for that same team at the big league level."

Default Re: Spencer Arrighetti Working His Way Back To Houston

Good article about a good kid. Best of luck to you Spencer!

UL Baseball Spencer Arrighetti to AAA

Default Re: Spencer Arrighetti to AAA

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Nice.

He's been really strong the past month and a half.

9. Default Re: Spencer Arrighetti to AAA

Interesting move, traditionally triple-A is not where most of your Major Leaguers come from. It is peppered with veterans that are usually guys that just never made it to the Major Leagues or were there for a short time and are hanging on. This is not to say that triple A doesn't have some great talent, it is usually, as was spoken to me by a former career minor leaguer....."Where your career goes to die". Now that being said, allot of rehab assignments are there as well as if they are trying to get a good look at someone that they think has a chance and wants to match them up with guys who have gotten really close.

The reality is Double A is usually where most of the young talent comes from. I am sure they want to get another look at him vs some veteran guys, before they move him up. The Astros have had some terrible luck this season on the pitching staff including losing starters Lance McCullers and Luis Garcia for the year and have had Jose Urquidy on the DL for a large part of the year, that is 3/5's of your starting rotation. I assume if Spencer performs well at Triple A we will see him in the rainbow (I know they don't wear those anymore) uniform very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The reality is Double A is usually where most of the young talent comes from. I am sure they want to get another look at him vs some veteran guys, before they move him up. The Astros have had some terrible luck this season on the pitching staff including losing starters Lance McCullers and Luis Garcia for the year and have had Jose Urquidy on the DL for a large part of the year, that is 3/5's of your starting rotation. I assume if Spencer performs well at Triple A we will see him in the rainbow (I know they don't wear those anymore) uniform very soon.
    Should be a short stint in AAA if they are truly high on him. Hope to see him in Houston very soon.

11. Default Re: Spencer Arrighetti to AAA

Astros need help in the bull pen . . . lots of help . . . would be nothing better at this time to see a Cajun come to the rescue . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Astros need help in the bull pen . . . lots of help . . . would be nothing better at this time to see a Cajun come to the rescue . . .
    aint that the truth....

More major league teams are bringing their guys up to teams close to their home ballpark. This is done to make a quick move to get them on their big league roster.

14. Default Re: Spencer Arrighetti to AAA

More major league teams are bringing their guys up to teams close to their home ballpark. This is done to make a quick move to get them on their big league roster.
    I get that, but it is not like he was in South America, he was in Corpus Christi, Texas just 3 hours from downtown Houston. I know Sugar Land is only a 1/2 hour away, but again, Corpus is not that far from Houston.

Like was stated earlier, I think it is a short term assignment to see him against veteran talent in the hopes to move him up pretty quickly to the big league team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information