Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cane Cutters

1. Default Re: Cane Cutters

I believe that we should pursue Lege.

The pitching in TCL is generally pretty good. At this time, all pitchers on the Cane Cutters will get velo into the 90's except one and that one has an ERA of 1.15. Other teams should be similarly situated. The new TAM coach offered one of the Cane Cutter pitchers when we played in Bryan a couple of weeks ago.

Last year, Cane Cutters had Ma'khail Hilliard and Levi David among a couple of notables on the pitching staff. Most are familiar with Hilliard and David was drafted yesterday in the 9th round of the MLB draft.

So, with that said, Lege would be a good get.

2. Default Re: Cane Cutters

The Cane Cutters, with a number of current and to be Cajun players in tow depart at 5:30 tomorrow morning for what may be one of the most important road trips of the season. They play two at first place San Antonio Chanclas on Wednesday and Thursday and then travel to Amarillo for two against the Amarillo Sod Squad on Friday and Saturday.

Default Re: Cane Cutters

I don’t follow the Cane Cutters at all so I’m curious who the pitcher is with the 1.15 ERA? Why don’t we sign him?

Quote Originally Posted by tboy68 View Post
    I don’t follow the Cane Cutters at all so I’m curious who the pitcher is with the 1.15 ERA? Why don’t we sign him?
    Checked updated stats on the site. Not always up to date but it's close.

Reed Vincent (Belhaven University)
    1-0 record
    10 appearances
    1.14 ERA
    15.2 IP
    13 K
    8 BB

Jay Ward (UTSA)
    1-0 record
    ERA 1.32
    9 appearances
    20.1 IP
    26 K
    5 BB

Marcus Mott (Temple College)
    1-1 record
    3 appearances
    1.86 ERA
    9.2 IP
    9 K
    8 BB

Josh Mancuso (Nicholls)
    3-1 record
    ERA 1.90
    6 appearances
    23.2 IP
    15 K
    5 BB

5. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Pratt got offered by aTm when they played in Bryan a couple weeks ago.

6. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Thanks Turbine. I’m sure Lege and all of the Cajun players and Cajun players to be on the Cane Cutters really appreciate you cleaning up all the mess. It will be nice to get additional topic related comment on those players and others that should be considered prospects that are playing right here in Lafayette, Louisiana this summer.

7. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Thanks Turbine. I’m sure Lege and all of the Cajun players and Cajun players to be on the Cane Cutters really appreciate you cleaning up all the mess. It will be nice to get additional topic related comment on those players and others that should be considered prospects that are playing right here in Lafayette, Louisiana this summer.
    Vic, what is Lege’s story and how did he and Coach Thib’s paths cross?

8. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Vic, what is Lege’s story and how did he and Coach Thib’s paths cross?
    Lege started out of high school at Nichols and it did not work out. He then transferred to Delgodo. He has played with CC past two summers.

I know he can go back to Delgodo this up coming season because of Covid and have not discussed with his peeps what he wants to do. I don’t remember how he did with CC last year but that can easily be looked up. He was on fire with Delgodo this past season and has been on fire all summer with CC.

9. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Lege started out of high school at Nichols and it did not work out. He then transferred to Delgodo. He has played with CC past two summers.

I know he can go back to Delgodo this up coming season because of Covid and have not discussed with his peeps what he wants to do. I don’t remember how he did with CC last year but that can easily be looked up. He was on fire with Delgodo this past season and has been on fire all summer with CC.
    What’s his natural defensive position?

10. Default Re: Cane Cutters

He has played SS, 3B and 1B with the CC. He has handled all three well. Im thinking if he had his druthers, SS and 3B.

He also played a couple games in RF to try and get more bats in the game. You well know that story.

11. Default Re: Cane Cutters

https://www.ncsasports.org/baseball-...ool/ethan-lege

There has been talks between Deggs and fly but that was pre Thib hire. He will be going back to Juco. Aggies have entered the picture. Kid would love to play for Cajuns but Deggs has to step up.

Ethan played at DELGADO.

3rd, but can be used as a utility guy.

15. Default Re: Cane Cutters

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    3rd, but can be used as a utility guy.
    ….He played at VC and his dad coached there some years back….his cousin is the VC QBs from last year!&

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information