Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ugliest buildings on campus

Default Re: Ugliest buildings on campus

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Madison is ugly both on the outside and Inside
    There is hope. We have $$ for Arch/Engr design/est for new Engr bldg with a pledge from state for $$ we will have to match for building itself. And just as importantly, $$ for Arch/Engr design to convert Madison to Engr Lab bldg. Money to do conversion is not in budget but has high priority. It’s all good though. I bought a PowerBall ticket.

This one right here

Attached Images Attached Images  

Actually, though I agree that the overall design doesn’t exactly mesh with campus design, y’all are trashing what was a very successful design program for the students and school….and it won several awards. Also it was sad to watch it fall into disrepair. But wasn’t it taken off campus?

https://www.architectmagazine.com/de.soleil-house_o

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Actually, though I agree that the overall design doesn’t exactly mesh with campus design, y’all are trashing what was a very successful design program for the students and school….and it won several awards. Also it was sad to watch it fall into disrepair. But wasn’t it taken off campus?

https://www.architectmagazine.com/de.soleil-house_o
    I included it not so much for design but for it's condition of disrepair.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    This one right here
    LOL

Griffin. That was ugly 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Griffin. That was ugly 20 years ago.
    Griffin is at least a building with brick facade. Rougeou hall has a little more interesting look. At least these two buildings took the place of little Abbeville.

Must be a slow day if that's all y'all have to biitch about !! Be thankful for what we have. Making improvements constantly.

The more I think about Fletcher Hall being so ugly, the more I realize that it has similar features to my favorite private (former) residence. Fallingwater was designed for the Kaufman family by Frank Lloyd Wright. It’s awe inspiring! If you’re ever in Western Pennsylvania, I HIGHLY recommend a tour.

Name:  EF178348-4FA0-4054-A382-2444D151C0E5.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  179.4 KB

Maybe Fletcher Hall wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t located on a traditional style campus.

I’ve never been a fan of Foster Hall and Maxim Doucet Hall.

Before they tore it down Olivier was the ugliest. I worked in it for parking and transit back in the day.

When I'm back on campus I sometimes walk into Billeaud just to get that Formaldehyde smell. Immediately brings me back to 1980. Better than a time machine.

The Louisiana Accelerator center across from the Cajundome is the ugliest. It just doesn't fit with the whole athletic campus. They need to be moved over by the Lite center and that building torn down

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    The Louisiana Accelerator center across from the Cajundome is the ugliest. It just doesn't fit with the whole athletic campus. They need to be moved over by the Lite center and that building torn down
    Agreed.it really is an eyesore, and in what is highly visible and desirable location. Whatever they do in this building it needs to be moved to the Research Park. Don't know what they could put there, but if nothing else it would be an excellent spot for tailgating.

Louisiana Accelerator center

https://lac.louisiana.edu/

At the time it was started that building was the research park.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information