Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

1. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    But shouldn’t the fans also be held accountable for their behavior as well? Seems to me what’s good for the goose should be good for the gander! Rarely is there a reason to show ones ass in public!
    Our fans have been loyal to a fault almost. Our fans have been asked to sacrifice a lot over the last 3-4 years and we’ve answered the bell. If you people want to sit on your ass while a guy like JT is allowed to ruin our program, by all means… But that can’t be me. I have too much invested.

2. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Our fans have been loyal to a fault almost. Our fans have been asked to sacrifice a lot over the last 3-4 years and we’ve answered the bell. If you people want to sit on your ass while a guy like JT is allowed to ruin our program, by all means… But that can’t be me. I have too much invested.
    JT's shortcomings were being made KNOWN to his uppers all the way back to Robichaux.

I really doubt anything you said was newsworthy.

By most accounts, your emergency efforts were an in-game distraction to JT that (knowing his limitations) served to cause more mistakes.

jmo

3. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    JT's shortcomings were being made KNOWN to his uppers all the way back to Robichaux.

I really doubt anything you said was newsworthy.

By most accounts, your emergency efforts were an in-game distraction to JT that (knowing his limitations) served to cause more mistakes.

jmo
    It’s a tier response strategy. Most people figured out JT was a problem 4 years ago. Like most others, I voiced my displeasure privately. Waited. Then publicly. Waited. Then this year, when it was clear that this might go on indefinitely, let him & Deggs know personally.

And he was let go in the end, so regardless of your assumptions, something worked along the way. Fans fire coaches, as Jay would say.

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

It’s a tier response strategy. Most people figured out JT was a problem 4 years ago. Like most others, I voiced my displeasure privately. Waited. Then publicly. Waited. Then this year, when it was clear that this might go on indefinitely, let him & Deggs know personally.

And he was let go in the end, so regardless of your assumptions, something worked along the way. Fans fire coaches, as Jay would say.
    Holy crap. Are you taking credit for this???

5. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Holy crap. Are you taking credit for this???
    Not sure how you got that out of the message. Of course not.

1. I voiced displeasure
    2. Told Deggs personally
    3. Fans fire coaches

Surely you can see how I discerned that.

7. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    1. I voiced displeasure
    2. Told Deggs personally
    3. Fans fire coaches

Surely you can see how I discerned that.
    “Like most others…”

“Fans (not fan) fire coaches..”

8. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Something did work and for all I know your method may be the reason.

I'm just worried about opening Pandora's box for every in-game mistake a coach makes.

Fans are the coaches shadow and no program can survive if they are afraid of their shadow.

jmo

9. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Something did work and for all I know your method may be the reason.

I'm just worried about opening Pandora's box for every in-game mistake a coach makes.

Fans are the coaches shadow and no program can survive if they are afraid of their shadow.

jmo
    By no means am I saying I played a role. I’m saying over time, it was clear that something needed to be done, but nothing was being done. That pushed people to the brink and in my case, it came out in the form of pointing out boneheaded mistakes with a “that’s on you, JT.” And that never happened more than once in any game.

I get not heckling your coaches but there’s a balance. You can’t handle them with kid gloves either. And if anyone attended games this year (which weren’t many), you’d know that I was far from alone in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    But shouldn’t the fans also be held accountable for their behavior as well? Seems to me what’s good for the goose should be good for the gander! Rarely is there a reason to show ones ass in public!
    Yes if they are cursing, making personal threats, racial insults, etc. towards Cajun coaches. I have never heard anyone of our fans do this to our own coaches.

11. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

By no means am I saying I played a role. I’m saying over time, it was clear that something needed to be done, but nothing was being done. That pushed people to the brink and in my case, it came out in the form of pointing out boneheaded mistakes with a “that’s on you, JT.” And that never happened more than once in any game.

I get not heckling your coaches but there’s a balance. You can’t handle them with kid gloves either. And if anyone attended games this year (which weren’t many), you’d know that I was far from alone in that regard.
    All good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    It’s definitely heckling when the people calling him out are doing it for reasons other than a mistake was made.
    If he can’t handle “that’s on you” then he can’t handle coaching third base in D1 baseball, how will you go into Baton Rouge, Starkville, Oxford or Austin and win a regional? How will you ask your team to be tough if you can’t handle that and do your job?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    The kids need to know? Really?

In situations involving kids, rational grown-ups actually work their differences out when the kids aren’t around.
    Reality TV is far worse than anything MAT or any other supporter says.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If he can’t handle “that’s on you” then he can’t handle coaching third base in D1 baseball, how will you go into Baton Rouge, Starkville, Oxford or Austin and win a regional? How will you ask your team to be tough if you can’t handle that and do your job?
    Exactly, excellent post.

MAT, the rp folks really just want to know what my podna Big Cat thinks about the new hire and the release of JT? Big Cat takes have more fiya than his old man's.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information