Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Telling a guy “ that’s on you” immediately after a boneheaded decision is not heckling.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Telling a guy “ that’s on you” immediately after a boneheaded decision is not heckling.
    Correct. Saying "that's on you" is not harassing a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Pitching coach.
    One would think we could do better than that. Heck im pretty sure we probably had better than that already. Little perplexing to say the least

4. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    One would think we could do better than that. Heck im pretty sure we probably had better than that already. Little perplexing to say the least
    Thib has a great reputation among peers and Tony respected the man and the coach. He was instrumental in improving Nicholls stadium, donor base and overall baseball program. I like the hire.

Thib has a great reputation among peers and Tony respected the man and the coach. He was instrumental in improving Nicholls stadium, donor base and overall baseball program. I like the hire.
    I agree he did all that at Nichols, but he wasn't brought in to do any of that here. I think a national search should have been performed. Hopefully he works out.

6. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I agree he did all that at Nichols, but he wasn't brought in to do any of that here. I think a national search should have been performed. Hopefully he works out.
    Seth Thibodeaux is a known, known.

Often, you are left fighting your last battle.

Right now, a staff that the players respect, is priority one.

Seth Thibodeaux will accomplish that.

reSpecT

7. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

I don't think I would call it "heckling."

I think its more attuned to nerve rattling.

When you rattle the nerves of a component within the team you want to win, you are guaranteeing more of the same, only worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    More than one interview was conducted and with a couple of names you might recognize if you follow college baseball. It's not like he just picked up his rolodex or something.

He had a month to make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    More than one interview was conducted and with a couple of names you might recognize if you follow college baseball. It's not like he just picked up his rolodex or something.

He had a month to make the decision.
    I know more than one coach was interviewed, I did not know how far the search stretched out. At this point if Coach Deggs says he is the guy then I have to trust Coach Deggs. For the record I am still in Deggs camp.

10. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Looks like we have some people around here who can’t figure out what camp they are in. A decision has been made, Deggs finally pulled the trigger on what the vocals around these parts have been screaming about for years (back to Robe) so let’s see how this rolls out with a positive attitude. C’mon folks, let’s give these two guys (Deggs & THIBODEAUX) a fighting chance.

For the record, I don’t think a team’s fans should be heckling/disrespecting its coaches in any fashion on the field/court. It is not that coach’s fault that he has been retained as a coach. That is somewhat of an embarrassment to the university in my opinion.

Our coaches should be off limits in game, let it roll against opposing coaches and the blue/stripes.

There is a certain line that shouldn't be crossed from fans to their own coaches during games (cursing, personal threats, racial insults, etc), but you should be able to get on them and hold them accountable. After all they are getting paid and need consecutive criticisms from folks that support their program.

But shouldn’t the fans also be held accountable for their behavior as well? Seems to me what’s good for the goose should be good for the gander! Rarely is there a reason to show ones ass in public!

It’s not heckling when it’s true. Talbot was a problem and the kids needed to know our fans knew where the problem really was.
    The kids need to know? Really?

In situations involving kids, rational grown-ups actually work their differences out when the kids aren’t around.

It’s definitely heckling when the people calling him out are doing it for reasons other than a mistake was made.

15. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    The kids need to know? Really?

In situations involving kids, rational grown-ups actually work their differences out when the kids aren’t around.
    “Won’t someone please think of the childrennnnn.”

Please. JT was given way too much power for way too long. He damn near ruined professional hitters that came through this program.

There was no opportunity for our fans to be “reasonable adults” with this guy. He’s a jackass and wasn’t scared to show you. Our players appreciated what they perceived as fans defending them, or at least understanding that it wasn’t them making ridiculous decisions on the field.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information