Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

1. Default ESPN 1420 Two UL Baseball Assistants Depart, Seth Thibodeaux Joins Staff

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun assistant coaches Jeremy Talbot and B.J. Ryan have left the program, while Seth Thibodeaux has joined the staff.

2. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

LSUE had Javier Vaz start for Vanderbilt this year, and also had River Towns start for Dallas Baptist, if you doubt the talent they turn out you can go look at the 7 National Championship Banners they have at the field. To say they don't turn out talent is just ignorant.

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Here you go:

Great move by Deggs. I'm glad he's taking the team seriously. Hopefully Thibodeaux will help the team improve! He sounds like he has potential to be pretty good.

4. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Great move by Deggs. I'm glad he's taking the team seriously. Hopefully Thibodeaux will help the team improve! He sounds like he has potential to be pretty good.
    Yes. I’ve probably been Deggs’ biggest critic on this board so I will certainly give him credit where it’s due. Even though the BJ Ryan thing was more of an arranged marriage, the JT dynamic was much more complex. Making changes where they were obviously necessary would not typically warrant kudos, but we all know their history together.

Thanks for taking a step in the right direction, Coach Deggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes. I’ve probably been Deggs’ biggest critic on this board so I will certainly give him credit where it’s due. Even though the BJ Ryan thing was more of an arranged marriage, the JT dynamic was much more complex. Making changes where they were obviously necessary would not typically warrant kudos, but we all know their history together.

Thanks for taking a step in the right direction, Coach Deggs.
    Who are you gonna yell at now that JT won’t be on 3rd??

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    I saw him get a ton of verbal abuse at 3B. He shot some lasers back which only made it worse.

7. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I saw him get a ton of verbal abuse at 3B. He shot some lasers back which only made it worse.
    “That’s on you, JT.”
    If you heard this during the year, it was me.

That cat looked at me so many times I feel like we’re related.. Even a few times when I didn’t say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    There is always the opposing team's third base coach. Prime candidate for abuse I'd say.

I know Thib played catcher, but as far as coaching does anyone know if he is a pitching guy or a hitting and defense guy?

10. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I know Thib played catcher, but as far as coaching does anyone know if he is a pitching guy or a hitting and defense guy?
    Pitching coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I wonder if this abuse by his own fans had anything to do with his behavior?? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    There is always the opposing team's third base coach.
    I mean...yeah...you'd think he/she would be the pick over our own coach. But what do I know. I'm just a normal fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I mean...yeah...you'd think he/she would be the pick over our own coach. But what do I know. I'm just a normal fan.
    When you make an obvious bonehead decision and then decide that you are going to stare down a fan for pointing it out, you bring it upon yourself. He had a terrible habit of doing this. The abuser is not 100% absolved here, but the coach needs to get rid of the rabbit ears and keep his concentration on the field.

Maybe we were terrible at running the bases bc our 3rd base coach was paying more attention to what was being said in the stands than what was happening on the field

15. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Maybe we were terrible at running the bases bc our 3rd base coach was paying more attention to what was being said in the stands than what was happening on the field
    …..bang…..

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information