Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    All I’m saying is that I don’t take any prospects stats seriously that comes out of LSUE.
    I agree about LSUE and the lower levels of JUCO. Stats from LSUE are irrelevant moving forward, but the guys do know how to win. Their softball program is light-years behind their baseball program.

All I’m saying is that I don’t take any prospects stats seriously that comes out of LSUE.
    Agreed. Most LSUE kids can't make a D1 roster, need more seasoning, or have academic issues. From time to time a good one comes from LSUE like Steven Trosclair.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I agree about LSUE and the lower levels of JUCO. Stats from LSUE are irrelevant moving forward, but the guys do know how to win. Their softball program is light-years behind their baseball program.
    I am not sure "light-years behind" is accurate. Baseball has 7 national titles and softball has 6 national titles.

All I’m saying is Bab told the kid they’d make an offer he can’t refuse. But you know better so I won’t question you. Robe signed the kid for Christ sake, and he would have never been in ju co if Robe hadn’t gone way to soon. Question tony too while your at it.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    All I’m saying is Bab told the kid they’d make an offer he can’t refuse. But you know better so I won’t question you. Robe signed the kid for Christ sake, and he would have never been in ju co if Robe hadn’t gone way to soon. Question tony too while your at it.
    How can you say where he would have been? Bab is now the new recruiter and messenger?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Agreed. Most LSUE kids can't make a D1 roster, need more seasoning, or have academic issues. From time to time a good one comes from LSUE like Steven Trosclair.
    Agree “Most” but their studs usually pan out. Most of the good ones are from Louisiana started at UL LSU Mcnesse... and get sent down to get experience after fall ball. It’s really more about locality than the “level of ju co play”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I know some HEAVY hitter donors with 1st hand experience that will fight you for calling him a great guy.
    I have first hand experience with him and stand by my assessment. I don’t discount anyone else with a different experience if it’s genuine. I’m no heavy hitting donor, just a dude. Also, I doubt any of them would fight me if they met me in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I have first hand experience with him and stand by my assessment. I don’t discount anyone else with a different experience if it’s genuine. I’m no heavy hitting donor, just a dude. Also, I doubt any of them would fight me if they met me in person.
    It is genuine and I wish it was not true, but I am glad someone's experience was positive. He pizzed off the wrong people needlessly making an effort being a complete jerk. This is not a big town. Stuff like that don't wear off fast.

It is genuine, but I am glad someone's experience was positive. He pizzed off the wrong people needlessly being a complete jerk. This is not a big town. Stuff like that don't wear off fast.
    I don’t know anything about it, but I’ll certainly take your word for it as your word is solid in my experience. He was always a great guy when I spent time with him. I can’t say he is a great coach, though he is knowledgeable. Again, I’m not a big important person, though. Just a guy.

I don’t know anything about it, but I’ll certainly take your word for it as your word is solid in my experience. He was always a great guy when I spent time with him. I can’t say he is a great coach, though he is knowledgeable. Again, I’m not a big important person, though. Just a guy.
    Agree JD is the man. BTW once your a dude you can't go back to being just a guy. I think his coaching style rubbed players the wrong way. Sometimes folks aren't good with getting there teaching across to players. I can tell you this most of the players didn't like him on or off the diamond.

I'm just another guy, and fortunate to know folks who have been pillars of the Athletic department in more ways that just writing checks literally for 50+ years. When an 80 year old man gets hipchecked verbally trying to drop off a huge diamond club check one morning, well it raises eyebrows. Still shaking my head.

All that said, it's not the worst thing a coach ever did and I actually wish him peace and happiness and choose to believe a good person had a bad day. Still, I would be shocked if this was totally ignored by management.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    BTW once your a dude you can't go back to being just a guy.
    Well that’s just, like, you’re opinion, man.

I'm just another guy, and fortunate to know folks who have been pillars of the Athletic department in more ways that just writing checks. When an 80 year old man gets hipchecked verbally trying to drop off a huge diamond club check one morning, well it raises eyebrows. Still shaking my head.
    Definitely sounds ____ty.

I'm just another guy, and fortunate to know folks who have been pillars of the Athletic department in more ways that just writing checks. When an 80 year old man gets hipchecked verbally trying to drop off a huge diamond club check one morning, well it raises eyebrows. Still shaking my head.
    Ouch not good.

Definitely sounds ____ty.
    I swear if you knew this family just a little bit, you would be shocked. I was stunned speechless when it happened. I'm like wait.......WHAT? And it was explained to me again. I take no pleasure relating the experience and wish it never happened.

This is the kind of family when someone gets sick head coaches (plural) show up with flowers.

I truly wish JT was the best assistant coach we ever had. If he was RPI might be less than 110, but he is not.

Sadly, the gentleman passed away last winter.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information