Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    He also has a nephew that was cut by Deggs.
    Yes. He is also the nephew that was told months ago by Bab that they were gonna make him an offer he couldn’t refuse. They didn’t cut him for talent reasons at all, just Deggs philosophy on liking ju co kids. He’s also the same guy that probably would have been your day one starter at 3rd had robe still been with us. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes. He is also the nephew that was told months ago by Bab that they were gonna make him an offer he couldn’t refuse. They didn’t cut him for talent reasons at all, just Deggs philosophy on liking ju co kids. He’s also the same guy that probably would have been your day one starter at 3rd had robe still been with us. We shall see.
    I hope the kid becomes a Cajun.

The newly hired assistant has a nephew at LSUE that is a hell of a defender and a much better hitter than anyone of the many, that the Cajuns trotted out at 3rd last year. Just saying.
    Pump the brakes man…it’s LSUE

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I’m intrigued with Thib coming in an assistant role.

For anyone that knows him, JT is a great guy. I agree with moving on from him. I just hope he has something lined up and wish him well.
    I know some HEAVY hitter donors with 1st hand experience that will fight you for calling him a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    BJ left on his own terms and was not run off by Deggs. If BJ wanted to be here he would still be coaching.
    I figured that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    As I said, it's entirely up to Deggs to fix it. It was to early to jump ship on the guy, and he still has work to do. I still trust in Deggs.
    And not a moment too soon as we are headed for RPI land of misfit toys at 110. I hope they can turn this battleship around.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Pump the brakes man…it’s LSUE
    Have you seen what LSUE has put into D1 over the last several years? The kid is one of the MVP types there. SEC offers out of high school but signed local because of respect for Robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I figured that.
    Nobody turns down free help.

Have you seen what LSUE has put into D1 over the last several years? The kid is one of the MVP types there. SEC offers out of high school but signed local because of respect for Robe.
    So your saying he didn't get cut for talent but was cut because Deggs philosophy on liking Juco kids? If I am hearing you correctly Deggs doesn't like Juco kids but now he wants to add a Juco kid? Can you explain that a little better.

LSUE is not in the Top Level of Junior College baseball. They have produced solid players, but most have struggled. Especially initially.

LSUE is not in the Top Level of Junior College baseball. They have produced solid players, but most have struggled. Especially initially.
    D2 Juco, very lower tier. Most of those guys/gals don't pan out. A few do from time to time. Has anyone ever wondered why UL softball doesn't get LSUE kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So your saying he didn't get cut for talent but was cut because Deggs philosophy on liking Juco kids? If I am hearing you correctly Deggs doesn't like Juco kids but now he wants to add a Juco kid? Can you explain that a little better.
    He was a true freshman signed by Robe. Never had one practice under tony. Deggs let about 90% of that class go after fall and brought in a bunch of ju co kids. From what I have heard Deggs prefers kids with ju co experience over high school kids. That’s why we had a bunch of northerners and west coast players show up after that first fall. It wasn’t just ju co transfers there were some 4 year schools in that mix as well. I guess he wants guys a little more weathered than high school kids.

I’ll give you that. Kid in question also had an SEC offer along with many Belt, CUSA and AAC. Pretty sure E also had a started at vandy this year.

I’ll give you that. Kid in question also had an SEC offer along with many Belt, CUSA and AAC. Pretty sure E also had a started at vandy this year.
    All I’m saying is that I don’t take any prospects stats seriously that comes out of LSUE.

The incoming class will be a very good mix of high school kids and JUCO. There is no right or wrong, but I believe Deggs feels he needs to develop players long-term. There is a reason that guys went to JUCO in the first place. You also need some quick help to fill holes, and JUCO will be the place you turn.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information