Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

I’m intrigued with Thib coming in an assistant role.

For anyone that knows him, JT is a great guy. I agree with moving on from him. I just hope he has something lined up and wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As much as I love BJ, it wasn’t working. Call it chemistry, call it differences in approach.. But that marriage was never going to work.
    BJ left on his own terms and was not run off by Deggs. If BJ wanted to be here he would still be coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As much as I love BJ, it wasn’t working. Call it chemistry, call it differences in approach.. But that marriage was never going to work.
    Just a hunch, but I’ve been around BJ when he was a player. I’m not sure this generation of kids/young adults are prepared for his type of intensity.

4. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I’m intrigued with Thib coming in an assistant role.

For anyone that knows him, JT is a great guy. I agree with moving on from him. I just hope he has something lined up and wish him well.
    I have had several extended conversations with JT when he was on the recruiting trail and you would never know that he is the JT that has been shredded to threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    BJ left on his own terms and was not run off by Deggs. If BJ wanted to be here he would still be coaching.
    He's a millionaire, he doesn't need the headaches. He was enjoying playing golf with his bros before he took the position.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I have had several extended conversations with JT when he was on the recruiting trail and you would never know that he is the JT that has been shredded to threads here.
    Just because he is a nice guy does not mean he is good at his job.

Simply put, the JT that was recruiting was not the same JT that was at practice.

8. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Just because he is a nice guy does not mean he is good at his job.
    I never said he was good at his job. All I was providing was my experience with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
    Go look at post #128 of the baseball portal thread
    Or post 170 of that thread. This is all old news that most folks have been knowing about for 2 plus weeks. BJ is wanting to play golf as a multi millionaire with his bro. He has a child in high school and just basically was helping Deggs out.

10. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

That’s what I’m saying.

11. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I've not read a post claiming JT isn't a great guy.

I've read many posts over several years and two systems claiming his knowledge simply was not being absorbed by players.

Yep.

The newly hired assistant has a nephew at LSUE that is a hell of a defender and a much better hitter than anyone of the many, that the Cajuns trotted out at 3rd last year. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Here you go:

Finally!!! Sorry this is a sports message board. We have been calling for Talbot to be let go since 2017. We have not hit good since he has been here. Is he a good guy, I'm sure he is, but so am I and alot of you! I would have been fired a long time ago if I was incapable of doing my job. He was not getting it done as a "hitting coach" since he has been here so:
    Don't let the door hit you in the arse, Talbot!

Next man up, this is business!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    The newly hired assistant has a nephew at LSUE that is a hell of a defender and a much better hitter than anyone of the many, that the Cajuns trotted out at 3rd last year. Just saying.
    He also has a nephew that was cut by Deggs.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information