Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: Baseball Staff Changes

Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Oh I just remembered. You’re the dude the compares everyone to LSUA&M fans. I had forgotten.
    JT nows works for LSU.....Louisiana State Unemployment!!!!

2. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So your saying JT needed to go because he couldn't handle the pressure?
    Robe and Deggs both thought he had great baseball knowledge.

In my opinion he failed in his ability to communicate his knowledge to the players.

An absolute must for any coach.

A coach must have no doubt in their strategy and ability to communicate a game plan. If a coach acknowledged a heckler at home, the doubt is plain as day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You have not traveled much have you?
    .....or certainly never been to a high school game, travel ball game, or t ball game. I went to a few t ball games recently. That scene makes MAT look like a librarian. Cops everywhere.

I remember walking into one of my kid's little league games one night. Two cops were dragging some handcuffed lady to jail.

Cost me $500 to bail his mom out.

5. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

The guy needed to be let go years ago. You guys need to give it a rest and be glad he is gone. He was not good for the program and MAT called him on it. It's done get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    .....or certainly never been to a high school game, travel ball game, or t ball game. I went to a few t ball games recently. That scene makes MAT look like a librarian. Cops everywhere.

I remember walking into one of my kid's little league games one night. Two cops were dragging some handcuffed lady to jail.

Cost me $500 to bail his mom out.
    They locked up your son’s mother?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    They locked up your son’s mother?!
    Um not really. The handcuffed lady dragged out by cops part actually happened though.

After that nothing made me blink at the ballpark.

I have seen it all though. Son's high school coach sr year suspended after 5 games for putting hands on a player. Fired a month later. Phony resume lied about being MLB scout. He got fired from five more high school coaching jobs in six years, before he changed careers.

Saw a summer team coach, who ran a big hs tourney at Astros spring training site, fire an umpire mid-game the coach-tourney owner was coaching in. The coach threw the ump out the game.

I have a million of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Um not really. The handcuffed lady dragged out by cops part actually happened though.
    Lol

There have been many football games where our fans screamed at Billy Napier for some questionable play calling. The App game two years ago sticks out the most. What did he do about it? He took the responsibility of the bad play calling and apologized for it. He didn’t turn to the chairbacks and exchange meanie faces with the fans. Fans/donors voicing their displeasure with certain decisions is not heckling. We pay their salaries. As long as there is no cursing, name calling etc it is fully warranted. These are grown ass men not t-ball players.

10. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    There have been many football games where our fans screamed at Billy Napier for some questionable play calling. The App game two years ago sticks out the most. What did he do about it? He took the responsibility of the bad play calling and apologized for it. He didn’t turn to the chairbacks and exchange meanie faces with the fans. Fans/donors voicing their displeasure with certain decisions is not heckling. We pay their salaries. As long as there is no cursing, name calling etc it is fully warranted. These are grown ass men not t-ball players.
    I can pretty much promise you when you say as long as there is no cursing or name calling, you have eliminated 90% of what was going on.

Great post!

12. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Great post!
    Your best posts everyday are when you adopt someone else’s post. The rest are just trash.

You’re so right. A podcast host who rails the staff publicly & the whole staff knows who he is and everyone in the stadium can hear him throwing shade on that same staff he publicly discusses is the same thing as drunk T-Boy yelling “Run the ball!”

Apples-to-apples I tell you!

14. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

The 12th man, the 6th, the 10th, should add to your teams in-game strength, not subtract from it.

I say that as an armchair quarterback extraordinaire.

15. Default Re: Baseball Staff Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    The guy needed to be let go years ago. You guys need to give it a rest and be glad he is gone. He was not good for the program ...
    As far as I can tell, that has been the near unanimous consensus going back to the time period you mention.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information