Thread: Pair Of Ragin' Cajuns Set To Compete At NACAC Track Championships

1. Track & Field Pair Of Ragin' Cajuns Set To Compete At NACAC Track Championships

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Track and Field members Yves Cherubin and Nathan Fergusson will each represent their respective countries when they compete in the 2021 North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (NACAC) U18 & U23 Championships, scheduled for July 9-11, in San Jose, Costa Rica.

Fergusson, representing his native Barbados, will compete on Friday in the men's 400-meter hurdles on Friday with Cherubin competing for his native Haiti on Saturday in the men's 110-meter hurdles.

Cherubin, the silver medalist in the men's 110-meter hurdles at the Sun Belt Conference Championships, earned honorable mention All-America honors for Louisiana after finishing 20th overall in the 110-hurdles at last month's NCAA Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Cherubin qualified for the national meet after recording a school-record time (13.65) to finish 12th overall at the NCAA Division I East Preliminary in Jacksonville, Fla.

Fergusson claimed top honors in the men's 400-meter hurdles at the SBC Championships in May and qualified for the NCAA Division I East Preliminary. Fergusson posted the fifth-best time (51.47) in the 400-meter hurdles in Ragin' Cajuns history this season at LSU's Battle on the Bayou.

2. Default Re: Pair Of Ragin' Cajuns Set To Compete At NACAC Track Championships

Good for them, I hope they do well.

If they are successful it could be good for recruiting.

Default Re: Pair Of Ragin' Cajuns Set To Compete At NACAC Track Championships

I saw Fergusson finished 2nd in the 400-Meter Hurdles earlier this afternoon, but there were only 3 runners total. I believe Cherubin runs tomorrow afternoon. Just a quick update.

Thread Information