Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana's Nicole Ahsinger Tokyo Proud

Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana's Nicole Ahsinger Tokyo Proud

As we discuss next months Olympics, letís not forget former UL student Nicole Ahsinger. This will be her second Olympics. She competes in the trampoline and lives and trains in Lafayette.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/...HCW8yBM7jbYC_s

Beau Cajun

2. Default Re: Another Cajun Olympian

"sole U.S. women’s trampoline representative at next month’s Tokyo Olympics"

Wow, that's great.

3. Default Re: Another Cajun Olympian

Does the training facility coaching tree branch back to Jeff Hennessy, directly or indirectly?

4. Default Local trampoline gymnast Nicole Ahsinger becomes two-time Olympian

Most athletes only dream of making the Olympics.

For trampoline gymnast Nicole Ahsinger, that dream became a reality. Twice

5. Default Student has jump on competition as she goes to Olympics for second time

A University of Louisiana at Lafayette student is reaching for Olympic gold – again.

Nicole Ahsinger will represent Team USA in the women’s trampoline competition during the Tokyo Olympic Games that begin Friday. The senior UL journalism major previously competed in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro and placed 15th.

She was 18 at the time, making her the youngest American trampolinist in Olympic history.

Five years later, Ahsinger will represent the United States again and be the first back-to-back female trampolinist for Team USA since Jennifer Parilla in 2000 and 2004.

Ahsinger secured her second trip to the Olympics when she won the women’s trampoline title during the USA Gymnastics Championships held in St. Louis in June.

In Tokyo, she will compete in the women’s trampoline qualification round on July 30.

Ahsinger plans to graduate from Louisiana next year. The San Diego native said she wants to pursue a career in sports media.

“I can see myself doing anything with sports,” Ahsinger told Alumni Accents, a publication of the UL Alumni Association. You can read more about her return journey to the Olympics in the latest edition.

Ahsinger isn’t the only Summer Olympian with a UL connection. Former Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns track and field standout Morgann Leleux will also be in Tokyo and will compete in women’s pole vault.

Louisiana.edu

Default Re: Louisiana's Nicole Ahsinger Tokyo Bound

wow. a one person team?

She finished 8th of 16 in the first routine. Have to make the top 8 to make the finals.

This is my first time watching trampoline so I have no idea what’s going on, but I’m lucky enough to be watching live in Tokyo and “cheering” on a fellow Cajun. I’ll post some pictures later.

Nice second routine. Looks like she’s still in the mix for the finals.

Margin for error looks so small. If you fall, you’re basically done. Some have had some loud and scary landings.

Finals coming up. Nicole in by finishing 7th of 16. I think the final round is a blank slate. You get 1 routine and that score is it.

Also, the Chinese are crazy good at this.

……:.I remember seeing Judy Ford miss America bouncing around in the days!

As far as I know Ahsinger nailed the final routine. She’s ahead the 2 women that have gone. 5 more to go.

Wow. Japan and Canada just pulled in front with 3 athletes to go. They start from 8 to 1 in the finals. Ahsinger will finish off the podium, but really did well.

Finished 6th in the finals. Great job.

Did I mention the Chinese are good? Almost robot like.

14. Default Re: Louisiana's Nicole Ahsinger Tokyo Bound

Thanks for the updates.

Proud of Nicole Ahsinger.

Here's a couple of photos. I've got video of the routines, but not sure if you can post video.

Nicole's second routine and a wide shot of the beautiful Ariake Gymnastics Center. What an incredible facility. It's a shame it wasn't able to be packed, because it certainly would have been without a pandemic.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information