Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dou Gueye

UL Basketball Dou Gueye

Dou made it official today that he is returning for a fifth collegiate year and third cajun year. Opportunity to graduate from UL is a major reason according to his statement. I think he is scheduled to do that in December. Hoping his offensive play begins to approach his play on defense and on glass. That would improve team results.

Default Re: Dou Gueye

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Dou made it official today that he is returning for a fifth collegiate year and third cajun year. Opportunity to graduate from UL is a major reason according to his statement. I think he is scheduled to do that in December. Hoping his offensive play begins to approach his play on defense and on glass. That would improve team results.
    How many minutes do you see him getting? I'd be surprised if he plays more than 10-12 a game. Most of the minutes will be taken by the trio of Brown, Awkuba, and Julien.

3. Default Re: Dou Gueye

One would think his minutes will definitely go down with the current makeup of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    How many minutes do you see him getting? I'd be surprised if he plays more than 10-12 a game. Most of the minutes will be taken by the trio of Brown, Awkuba, and Julien.
    It's not about minutes. UL now has 20 fouls instead of 15 to give in the post. That's how minutes will be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    It's not about minutes. UL now has 20 fouls instead of 15 to give in the post. That's how minutes will be determined.
    I think his reckless and careless play on the offensive end limits him to playing quick spurts where atleast his energy can help get the team going.

6. Default Re: Dou Gueye

I for one am happy he is returning.

I am glad he wants to play and graduate at Louisiana.

He made significant improvement last year. If he takes another step or two, he'll get plenty of minutes.

9. Default Re: Dou Gueye

The SBC is a guard dominant league. If we are as deep as we should be in the post we should dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The SBC is a guard dominant league. If we are as deep as we should be in the post we should dominate.
    Can't win in college without an elite guard. It will come down to spacing, we will have to shoot the ball better than we have in years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Can't win in college without an elite guard. It will come down to spacing, we will have to shoot the ball better than we have in years.
    I agree improved shooting is necessary for improvement. Look for the Creighton transfer named Jones to help in that area. Also, Greg Williams Jr. shot over 40 percent from three at St. John's last season. I also agree that having more fouls to give from the bigs will be a positive.

I’m going to guess you aren’t a Dou Gueye fan... Or a Cajun fan either ����

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree improved shooting is necessary for improvement. Look for the Creighton transfer named Jones to help in that area. Also, Greg Williams Jr. shot over 40 percent from three at St. John's last season. I also agree that having more fouls to give from the bigs will be a positive.
    Agreed on Greg, he has proven it on the D1 level. I’m hopeful about Jones being a knockdown shooter as well. Will have to pan out better than Butts in that department. Hard to replace Russell, but I’m hopeful with Greg running point we arent as ball dominant as we were when Russell was running point, which should lead to some more open looks for everyone.

Great news! The front court should be stacked with size and talent

I think Dou actually played at the 3 spot when he was at Daytona State. Although I think Julien would start there Dou could still possibly see some time there as well. I was thinking Jones would probably be a 2/3 off the bench but with Russell leaving that probably moves either Jones or Harper into the starting 2 spot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information