Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dou Gueye

Default Re: Dou Gueye

Been a reader since 2016, but this is my first time posting. I'm glad we have at least one player who wants to stay on the team, since we've had 4 others leave. I look forward to seeing Gueye play with the Cajuns, and I hope he will develop with us for the rest of his college career. I know he isn't the best player yet, but having him as well as Charles and Julian, I think we could be good defensively! The biggest issue though, is that there won't be much experience on the roster this year. Yes, we do have Charles and Julian, but those guys have little to no playing time, so we have no clue how good they are. We've seen Gueye play before so we know his strengths and weaknesses, which could help him improve.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Been a reader since 2016, but this is my first time posting. I'm glad we have at least one player who wants to stay on the team, since we've had 4 others leave. I look forward to seeing Gueye play with the Cajuns, and I hope he will develop with us for the rest of his college career. I know he isn't the best player yet, but having him as well as Charles and Julian, I think we could be good defensively! The biggest issue though, is that there won't be much experience on the roster this year. Yes, we do have Charles and Julian, but those guys have little to no playing time, so we have no clue how good they are. We've seen Gueye play before so we know his strengths and weaknesses, which could help him improve.
    Are you referencing Joe Charles?

Yes. Joe Charles. Sorry, I should've made that more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Yes. Joe Charles. Sorry, I should've made that more clear.
    Joe Charles is a pure freshman from Carencro. Don’t be surprised if he redshirts. Isaiah Richards was our main back up inside player last season and likely to fill that role again. Dou Gueye probably will have a similar role as Theo Awkuba and Jordan Brown are probable starters. Kobe Julien could slide over to the small forward spot as a result. Kobe will be a fourth year freshman and has played in 12 games over the last 2 years. Supposedly his knee is holding up well over the course of some pretty intense summer workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Joe Charles is a pure freshman from Carencro. Don’t be surprised if he redshirts. Isaiah Richards was our main back up inside player last season and likely to fill that role again. Dou Gueye probably will have a similar role as Theo Awkuba and Jordan Brown are probable starters.
    You're probably right. To be completely honest, I didn't watch as much UL Basketball as I'd prefer, so I apologize if I say anything wrong about the program. I'm curious to see how the returning players do.

I've been critical of Dou in the past but I'm also happy he is returning. Getting a player with his experience is invaluable and if he can tone down his offensive game to doing other productive things other than dribbling and shooting perimeter shots, his talent allows him to impact the game in other areas in ways not many other guys on our team can do.

According to a tweet by Mark Deeks, Dou Gueye was not on the NBA's official withdrawal list.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I've been critical of Dou in the past but I'm also happy he is returning. Getting a player with his experience is invaluable and if he can tone down his offensive game to doing other productive things other than dribbling and shooting perimeter shots, his talent allows him to impact the game in other areas in ways not many other guys on our team can do.
    I really agree with you. I also thought he played better in year two than one and has the potential to be a very positive player for us. I am happier that he is coming back than leaving.

Now Dou, go out and prove me a genius!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information