Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Tickets

UL Football Texas Tickets

Does anyone know the cost of getting tickets if we buy through the RCAF link?

Also what hotels are people staying at

Default Re: Texas Tickets

They have not told us yet.

3. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Nope. No word yet on tickets cost. My deep cover sources tell me we will have between 2,000-3,000 tickets. Any word on if we are bringing the band?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Does anyone know the cost of getting tickets if we buy through the RCAF link?

Also what hotels are people staying at
    Sure they will be around $75-100

5. Default Re: Texas Tickets

A number of people are staying at the Sheraton in downtown Austin

Are the tickets in the upper deck or am I looking at the seating chart wrong?

7. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Nosebleed. From what Athletic Dept put out, all of our sections are at the top of the NE end zone (at least I think it was NE endzone).

Debating between just buying on stubhub. Don't want to wait around and tickets go to over $100 on stubhub

I called the UL ticket office a month ago and received no information on the Texas game. It would be really helpful for planning purposes to know the ticket cost, quantity of tickets received, and location of our stadium seats. I am waiting to book a hotel in Austin until I know I will receive tickets.

UL is discouraging traveling to away football games. Go to Troy’s website on 6/22/21 and they are advertising all away football game tickets with detailed information, including pricing and how to purchase them. Is it too much to ask that UL run an efficient website and be transparent with information to fans?

This top ranked football team is doing their part and now the Athletic administration, RCAF, and fans need to do their part. This team deserves our support at both home and away games.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I called the UL ticket office a month ago and received no information on the Texas game. It would be really helpful for planning purposes to know the ticket cost, quantity of tickets received, and location of our stadium seats. I am waiting to book a hotel in Austin until I know I will receive tickets.

UL is discouraging traveling to away football games. Go to Troy’s website on 6/22/21 and they are advertising all away football game tickets with detailed information, including pricing and how to purchase them. Is it too much to ask that UL run an efficient website and be transparent with information to fans?

This top ranked football team is doing their part and now the Athletic administration, RCAF, and fans need to do their part. This team deserves our support at both home and away games.
    Yup! I'd much rather buy from the University then StubHub, but I'm not going to want to wait around and risk not getting tickets

Yup! I'd much rather by from the University then StubHub, but I'm not going to want to wait around and risk not getting tickets
    Good plan when they seem to drag their feet.

Blame Texas. They are always _______s when it comes to catering to the opposing teams fans/ticket allocation. Our athletic department can’t give out info they don’t have.

Can our athletic department give out information to conference away games like Troy? This should be emailed to all RCAF members, especially Quarterback Club members, and posted on the UL ticket page with a method to purchase online.

14. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post

Guys, so much of this is out of the hands of our athletic dept. A few months ago even UT was not sure what the capacity would be. I received an email some time ago about how to get my name on the wait list for tickets and then about two weeks ago explaining what sections our tickets would be in. To my knowledge UL has not released the price for tickets, but you can probably budget $60 to $80 a ticket and if it’s lower, great. It it’s more, it won’t be by much.

The number of tickets we have is, and this is a total guess on my part, based on the contract for the game. This was probably done 4 or 5 years ago before we are who we are now. Texas is infamous for treating visitors poorly (I mean the university here and their arranging things, not necessarily the fan base, but it’s UT so be prepared for a level of pretentiousness and arrogance to which few programs measure).

I’d love to see this game promoted with billboards, in line ad campaigning, radio spots, et cetera, but the reality is that with about 2,300 seats the athletic dept. may be looking at waiting list longer than they have available tickets so why drop money a campaign for which we’ve already sold our allotment.

I do agree with you that I’d like to see a promotion for away games. Unlike UT, we could buy up 10,000 seats at South AL, but the university has to promote it.

Debating between just buying on stubhub. Don't want to wait around and tickets go to over $100 on stubhub
    I bought 4 tickets in Section 117, which is one section away from the Cajuns fans section for about $78 a piece which includes all fees on Stubhub. There are still some available up there. Don’t wait!

You can always re sale them on Stub Hub again if UL gets you the number of tickets you need or sell the tickets you get from UL.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information