Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Texas Tickets

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I’m new to the board and to the cash aspects of the athletic department, but how does a program the size of ours recover from an 8 million dollar hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You don't. More RCAF members could help offset that, but there has to be an aggressive push which has never happened.
    I smell a troll.

Atown cajun
    Join DateJuly 9th, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    I'm going to the game whether I'm a member of the band or as a fan. My shameless plug into here is that if y'all really want us there, maybe try getting in contact with our head director, Dr. Jason Missal, or maybe even someone within the athletic department like Dr. Maggard
    The Cajun Tuba: Like you, I will be attending both home and away games whether the marching band is there or not because this team deserves our support, but really enjoy having the Pride of Louisiana there. I did email Dr. Jason Missal about contributing to fundraising efforts prior to this thread on 7/5/21. I directly asked about fundraising and the band attending away games. Here’s my email:

“Hi Jason,

I noticed Drums Across Cajun Field is not scheduled again. What fund raising efforts are being done this year? Will the marching band be traveling to any away football games this season?”

His response:

“ Yes, unfortunately, DCI has a much more limited schedule this year and is only doing a handful of events leading up to Indianapolis. Drums Across Cajun Field will return next summer.

We will once again be hosting Showcase, which is our other primary fundraising event.

Since there are still some travel restrictions in the Sun Belt, we won't be travelling to any games this season other than bowl travel. We still intend to travel to whatever bowl we make at the end of the year. We believe we will be able to resume regular season travel next season.

Thanks,

Jason Missal”

When I contacted the Sunbelt Conference office regarding their policy, this was Kathy Keene’s response:

“Marching bands will be permitted to travel to away football contests at the discretion of the institution. In 2020, the Conference did not allow visiting team bands to travel due to COVID, for 2021 it will be permissible. However, prior to COVID it has always been an institutional decision on whether or not bands travel to any away football games."

Below is the Conference policy.

A. BAND AND SPIRIT GROUPS
    The host institution’s spirit squad (Cheerleaders, Dance team) and mascot (all in uniform) and the members of its marching band and associated groups shall be admitted to the game at no cost and shall be permitted to perform at the game. Visiting team institutions are expected to contact the host institution at least two weeks prior to the contest, the same representatives of the visiting institution shall be admitted to Conference game at no cost and permitted to perform at the game. Performances on the playing field shall be at the determination of home game management, which shall attempt to extend usual courtesies to the visiting institution’s representatives. Bands performing at football games shall be prohibited from playing from the time the offensive team breaks the huddle until the completion of the play. If a team is not huddling, play is prohibited once the team is at the line in formation and the snap is imminent. Spirit groups are expected to understand their role as a representative of the institution and are required to become knowledgeable of institutional, Conference and NCAA policies regarding sporting behavior and ethical conduct. Spirit groups are expected to treat all athletics groups, officials and opponents with the utmost respect. Taunting of opponents and other aggressive behavior could result in the individual being removed from the group.”

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Taunting of opponents and other aggressive behavior could result in the individual being removed from the group.”
    Speaking of taunting, seems Texas will have a few extra players on the field...Nap needs to preach this starting yesterday.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-horns-gesture

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread Information