Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Texas Tickets

1. Default Re: Texas Tickets

I’m new to the board and to the cash aspects of the athletic department, but how does a program the size of ours recover from an 8 million dollar hit?

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Who pays for band travel?
    Is is the alumni association, athletic or music department?

3. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Except for a select few bands, the only reason you take a band on the road is to reward the band.

If you want to see the band ... attend home games.

jmo

4. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    When the fee for the Indoor Practice Facility was voted on, there was,a percentage that was designated for band travel expenses.

It was to be above and beyond the day to day expenses the school was already obligated to cover.

I suspect it became an open straw fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Except for a select few bands, the only reason you take a band on the road is to reward the band.

If you want to see the band ... attend home games.

jmo
    You don’t think our players would appreciate hearing our band when we run it up A road opponents ass?

6. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You don’t think our players would appreciate hearing our band when we run it up A road opponents ass?
    If they ever kill the piped in music at home I'm sure the players would come to appreciate the band.

If they ever kill the piped in music at home I'm sure the players would come to appreciate the band.
    Nothing to do with the band on the road and don't you think the band members enjoy going on the road? A big part of why they are in the band? Practice all year for 6 games instead of 12

8. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Nothing to do with the band on the road and don't you think the band members enjoy going on the road? A big part of why they are in the band? Practice all year for 6 games instead of 12
    um
    ...the only reason you take a band on the road is to reward the band.

um
    Ok so I don’t think people are wanting them on the road so they can see them as most people don’t go to away games...sooo um?? It’s not a reward, it what they work for...same as the players

10. Default Re: Texas Tickets

I'm going to the game whether I'm a member of the band or as a fan. My shameless plug into here is that if y'all really want us there, maybe try getting in contact with our head director, Dr. Jason Missal, or maybe even someone within the athletic department like Dr. Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    And do you deny 200 dues paying RCAF members the opportunity to go to bring the band?
    No.

12. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Not the Alumni Association as it is not a department of the university like the athletic department or music department are.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I’m new to the board and to the cash aspects of the athletic department, but how does a program the size of ours recover from an 8 million dollar hit?
    You don't. More RCAF members could help offset that, but there has to be an aggressive push which has never happened.

14. Default Re: Texas Tickets

... It’s not a reward, it what they work for...same as the players
    So where is the disagreement? Perhaps in our comprehension of the word "reward"

For some players just going to the game is their reward. For starters and those who hit the field reward is greater.

15. Default Re: Texas Tickets

When the fee for the Indoor Practice Facility was voted on, there was,a percentage that was designated for band travel expenses.

It was to be above and beyond the day to day expenses the school was already obligated to cover.

I suspect it became an open straw fee.
    Who would have the power to change a dedicated fee to an open one? That shouldn’t fly for a band director that gave two sheets.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information