Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Texas Tickets

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I for one would be happy to donate money if they started some sort of funding vehicle to try to get the band there. I know there are a lot of moving parts but I'd be happy to help out.
    Here

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Texas Tickets

This isn't anything new. Our band rarely has traveled for away games especially the big money games. My guess is we would perhaps have to buy out the tickets they could sell to people in order to secure enough areas for our band.
    I don't know what it's like now, but when I was in the band back in the 80's, we made 1 trip for a major ballgame every season, including Alabama and Florida. The director at that time made sure the alumni association was providing enough funding for our travel, at least that's what I understood at the time.

I for one would be happy to donate money if they started some sort of funding vehicle to try to get the band there. I know there are a lot of moving parts but I'd be happy to help out.
    I would donate too.

4. Default Re: Texas Tickets

This isn't anything new. Our band rarely has traveled for away games especially the big money games. My guess is we would perhaps have to buy out the tickets they could sell to people in order to secure enough areas for our band.
    Typically we take smaller bands to away games. My freshman year we had pep bands go to A&M and Ark state. Then the next year we took bands to Bama and ULM. The next year though we only had the funds to take the whole band to New Orleans to play against Miss St. They had to start playing it smart after we went to Orlando unexpectedly. On a normal year, we would definitely go to Texas, but funds may be the reason we wouldn't.

I definitely think our band being there is important. If we new how much it would cost maybe we could start a go fund me account for it. Some may think it is "small time" to do something like that and maybe they are right. But I think it is "smaller time" to not brig them; this is a big event for our school on an national stage.

OK...for sake of argument....Buses would cost around 6,000.(1200X5) Budget 20 per person for a meal coming and going. That's $4000. And tickets would cost you another 16,000.

You're talking roughly 26,000 to travel the 200 piece band. Do the math accordingly if you take fewer members.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    OK...for sake of argument....Buses would cost around 6,000.(1200X5) Budget 20 per person for a meal coming and going. That's $4000. And tickets would cost you another 16,000.

You're talking roughly 26,000 to travel the 200 piece band. Do the math accordingly if you take fewer members.
    Thanks, and that is the minimum for a 200 piece band. That would mean leaving early Saturday morning and returning after the game. To travel right would probably be over $50k.

8. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I don't know what it's like now, but when I was in the band back in the 80's, we made 1 trip for a major ballgame every season, including Alabama and Florida. The director at that time made sure the alumni association was providing enough funding for our travel, at least that's what I understood at the time.
    Currently the Alumni Association finances are pretty poor. The RCAF has 1493 members. The alumni association has significantly less paying members than that and the donations per member are quite a bit less. If alumni want more engagement activities from the Alumni Association, please donate to our loyalty fund or scholarship fund. Here is a link to do so - https://give.louisiana.edu/give-now/alumni - any help will be appreciated. Also, the Alumni Association along with the RCAF and Athletics is having a social at the Sheraton Capitol hotel in downtown Austin Friday September 23rd and a tailgate tent at the stadium on the day of the game. Looking forward to having a large crowd at those events.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Thanks, and that is the minimum for a 200 piece band. That would mean leaving early Saturday morning and returning after the game. To travel right would probably be over $50k.
    Do the math on how much that will cost per song to hear Respect and the ESPN theme song.......insanely expensive! Those seem to be the only 2 songs we know.

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Currently the Alumni Association finances are pretty poor. The RCAF has 1493 members. The alumni association has significantly less paying members than that and the donations per member are quite a bit less. If alumni want more engagement activities from the Alumni Association, please donate to our loyalty fund or scholarship fund. Here is a link to do so - https://give.louisiana.edu/give-now/alumni - any help will be appreciated. Also, the Alumni Association along with the RCAF and Athletics is having a social at the Sheraton Capitol hotel in downtown Austin Friday September 23rd and a tailgate tent at the stadium on the day of the game. Looking forward to having a large crowd at those events.
    Very good post!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Do the math on how much that will cost per song to hear Respect and the ESPN theme song.......insanely expensive! Those seem to be the only 2 songs we know.
    ESPN hasn't been played in a few years. And respect is played very infrequently now.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    ESPN hasn't been played in a few years. And respect is played very infrequently now.
    Never let facts get in the way of a good story!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    How much is football getting for this game? I would guess 1.5 - 2.0M. We are a Top 20 team that will be prime time on Fox before a crowd of 110,000 vs Texas and the Big 12, a conference we aspire to one day join. If there was ever a game in which we put our best foot forward, this is it. We can't afford not to send our band and sell out our ticket allotment. Given the big payday and the exposure this will bring to the university, this is a must do.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How much is football getting for this game? I would guess 1.5 - 2.0M. We are a Top 20 team that will be prime time on Fox before a crowd of 110,000 vs Texas and the Big 12, a conference we aspire to one day join. If there was ever a game in which we put our best foot forward, this is it. We can't afford not to send our band and sell out our ticket allotment. Given the big payday and the exposure this will bring to the university, this is a must do.
    The dept took a 8 million plus hit last year. Unless someone is funneling up the cash they probably arent going to take a 25k to 50k hit to bring the band.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    The dept took a 8 million plus hit last year. Unless someone is funneling up the cash they probably arent going to take a 25k to 50k hit to bring the band.
    And do you deny 200 dues paying RCAF members the opportunity to go to bring the band?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information