Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Texas Tickets

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Yup! I'd much rather buy from the University then StubHub, but I'm not going to want to wait around and risk not getting tickets
    Buy from the University, people!!!! We need to sell out the allotment. Good Lord, this is like a high school fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Buy from the University, people!!!! We need to sell out the allotment. Good Lord, this is like a high school fanbase
    You think this is bad. Just read posts on Facebook of UL football "fans".

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Blame Texas. They are always _______s when it comes to catering to the opposing teams fans/ticket allocation. Our athletic department can’t give out info they don’t have.
    Yup. Texas is notorious for treating opponents and their fans like $ hit when it comes to ticket locations and allotments. Our athletic department has been left in the dark on availability

LSU in baton rouge fans were disappointed when their 2020 game with Texas got cancelled because they wanted to return the favor for their visit in 2019

There were lots of LSU fans in the north end zone, no doubt purchased thru stubhub. Similar the year prior when LaTech visited.
    The section reserved for visitors was upper north end zone I think.
    One of my best friends (and fellow “USL” grad … yes we are old!) is coming down from Dallas for the game and got tickets near mine in Section 18.
    Looking forward to a great game!!

5. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Nope. No word yet on tickets cost. My deep cover sources tell me we will have between 2,000-3,000 tickets. Any word on if we are bringing the band?
    As of now the band will not be going to this game. It would've been a great opportunity since the director's alma mater is texas, but I think we don't have enough funds to make the trip

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    As of now the band will not be going to this game. It would've been a great opportunity since the director's alma mater is texas, but I think we don't have enough funds to make the trip
    Jeez, not enough funds for a 6 hour bus ride and hotel stay? I guess that rules out the band for any road trips. No excuse to not have, at least, a pep band for this game. Small-time, personified.

How many members are in the band?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Let’s say 200. So you’re looking at 100 hotel rooms plus the cost to feed and rent 4 buses plus a few equipment trucks. Plus their tickets into the game. You’re looking at a few $$$ here.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Not enough..

Jeez, not enough funds for a 6 hour bus ride and hotel stay? I guess that rules out the band for any road trips. No excuse to not have, at least, a pep band for this game. Small-time, personified.
    Agreed. If the band goes to any away game this year, this is the one.

11. Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    Agreed. If the band goes to any away game this year, this is the one.
    If everything stays as it is, the only game we will be traveling to will be a bowl game

If everything stays as it is, the only game we will be traveling to will be a bowl game
    You are new here and I like you a lot already.

This isn't anything new. Our band rarely has traveled for away games especially the big money games. My guess is we would perhaps have to buy out the tickets they could sell to people in order to secure enough areas for our band.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Let’s say 200. So you’re looking at 100 hotel rooms plus the cost to feed and rent 4 buses plus a few equipment trucks. Plus their tickets into the game. You’re looking at a few $$$ here.
    I for one would be happy to donate money if they started some sort of funding vehicle to try to get the band there. I know there are a lot of moving parts but I'd be happy to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I for one would be happy to donate money if they started some sort of funding vehicle to try to get the band there. I know there are a lot of moving parts but I'd be happy to help out.
    Same

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information