Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

UL Baseball Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Remembering The Man

It was 2 years today that Coach Robe was taken from us.

Can we take a break from the negativity today and have peace for just one day.

Thank you!

#Forever36

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Remembering the Man

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It was 2 years today that Coach Robe was taken from us.

Can we take a break from the negativity today and have peace for just one day.

Thank you!

#Forever36
    Great pic Craig. RIP 36

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Great pic Craig. RIP 36
    Thank you, that was at the Sun Belt Conference Tournament in Montgomery this year. The guy in the front is Josh Sours, the voice of UTA athletics. We were showing the jersey to Colin Lacy and Danny Reed of the Georgia Southern Radio Network. They were talking about Coach Robe on their broadcast. I have listened to Danny and Colin for a long time, and I am not sure there is a game that goes by that they do not talk about the Cajuns and Coach Robe. So anyway, all good people and great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Thank you, that was at the Sun Belt Conference Tournament in Montgomery this year. The guy in the front is Josh Sours, the voice of UTA athletics. We were showing the jersey to Colin Lacy and Danny Reed of the Georgia Southern Radio Network. They were talking about Coach Robe on their broadcast. I have listened to Danny and Colin for a long time, and I am not sure there is a game that goes by that they do not talk about the Cajuns and Coach Robe. So anyway, all good people and great friends.
    Thanks Craig for the picture. #36

2day we are all getting along!

6. Default Re: Remembering the Man

The man was so much bigger than the 36. I will always treasures the visits in the bull pen. Not a day that he was there when we were there that he did not make his way back to the bull pen for a visit. Sometimes he would visit with my wife for an extended period just doing what Robe did. A true treasure he was for Louisiana and all who had personal contact with him.

Man I really miss Tony. It was and is very sad he was taken so early from us, But I take comfort KNOWING Tony is in Heaven with the biggest coach ever, and who am I to question God's calling? I still pray for him and his family from time to time, they are all great people.

Tony fought to have GOD’s triumph recognized. My hope is that now, GOD recognizes him. #36

The man’s message was so much bigger than the man.

#36forever is looking down on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We all miss him. Will never forget what #36forever did for UL and humankind in general. They don't make many like Coach Robe!

11. UL Baseball Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Coach Robe meant so much to so many. No matter who you speak with, if they came in contact with him they had a story to tell.

Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

MelRock, Topham, Mrs. Topham, Chris Russo and I went to Russo Park yesterday, sat across under the oak and remembered Tony. We ate hot dogs and had some beverages. I shot a little video and sent it to Colleen. She said it made her day. We did this on 7/3 last year too. It's now become tradition with us.

13. Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    MelRock, Topham, Mrs. Topham, Chris Russo and I went to Russo Park yesterday, sat across under the oak and remembered Tony. We ate hot dogs and had some beverages. I shot a little video and sent it to Colleen. She said it made her day. We did this on 7/3 last year too. It's now become tradition with us.
    What a great tradition in memory of a great man. Kudo’s to you guys for that. Thanks for sharing.

Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    thanks for posting. I was reading Lucroy’s stats yesterday and couldnt help but notice that he has started 1036 games at Catcher

UL Baseball Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

I have several jerseys with his name and number on them, and he travels everywhere with me. Besides the jersey and hat, the chair you see in the picture was a friend of mine. Randy Charpentier, a dear friend of mine, was taken from us last year, way too young, as well.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information