Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Sept. 26, 2001 was a day I will never forget. Five days prior, on the 21st, I had a massive heart attack. After 5 days in ICU, and moved to a private room, I came to with my wife by my side and a special visitor, none other than coach Robe. He handed my wife a team autograph jersey. I couldn't speak for the tubes and the meds to keep me drowsy. I found out the next day that he placed a rosary in my hands. Still have and use it today. That's the man he was. My son informed him of my attack.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    MelRock, Topham, Mrs. Topham, Chris Russo and I went to Russo Park yesterday, sat across under the oak and remembered Tony. We ate hot dogs and had some beverages. I shot a little video and sent it to Colleen. She said it made her day. We did this on 7/3 last year too. It's now become tradition with us.
    Not to intrude on what I am sure is a special moment but it would be really cool to let Cajun Nation join you on an annual tribute. Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Not to intrude on what I am sure is a special moment, but it would be really cool to let Cajun Nation join you on an annual tribute. Just a thought
    I won't speak for Jay, but, yes, it is a private moment that I hope is never announced what we are doing. People are always welcome to head out there and have their own moment. Every year is a different time of day and a different ending. There was a baseball tournament going on at the stadium, so it was not like we were the only ones there, last year, we were.

4. Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I won't speak for Jay, but, yes, it is a private moment that I hope is never announced what we are doing. People are always welcome to head out there and have their own moment. Every year is a different time of day and a different ending. There was a baseball tournament going on at the stadium, so it was not like we were the only ones there, last year, we were.
    The private moment is most appropriate. Thanks for sharing however. Made me tear up.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Besides Coach Bab and maybe Chris, I believe Craig and Jay were the closest to Coach Robe.

6. Default Re: Remembering Coach Tony Robichaux

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Besides Coach Bab and maybe Chris, I believe Craig and Jay were the closest to Coach Robe.
    Don’t leave me out, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    MelRock, Topham, Mrs. Topham, Chris Russo and I went to Russo Park yesterday, sat across under the oak and remembered Tony. We ate hot dogs and had some beverages. I shot a little video and sent it to Colleen. She said it made her day. We did this on 7/3 last year too. It's now become tradition with us.
    It should be a tradition with everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information