Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Construction on Student Side of CF

Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Any progress? New pics? Frenchie where y’at??
    I passed by on Monday. No changes. Looked the same as pics Frenchie posted.

Probably issues with material supply, labor supply or weather.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Probably issues with material supply, labor supply or weather.
    I believe it. We're about to break ground on a new house and can't get windows until October.

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    I believe it. We're about to break ground on a new house and can't get windows until October.
    Ha good luck with that. Spare parts for appliances, new appliances, new cars, parts for cars, lawn mowers, parts for lawn mowers, windows, doors etc. all in short supply.

Used to be at this time of year you would see close to 100 lawn mowers in front of Lowes or Home depot. Not any more. It's worse if you are an independent shop. Congress outdoor power, Ballews poof if they don't have it you are not getting it. Back in April I needed a new lawn mower. Looking at a Toro Time Saver or Cub Cadet 28" dual blade. None to be had not only in Louisiana or the south east. I looked on line and found some units at Lawnmower direct. I wanted to use a local shop so I went to Congress Outdoor they had no, that's right no Cub Cadet lawn mowers of any size and only a very few Hondas. I got the Honda 21 inch self propelled ( a hell of a mower) and glad I got it. I just recently a with check Lawn Mowers direct..... No wide area Cub Cadet or Toro lawn mowers. This is a situation for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    I know of one well known window company and it's my understanding they have enough material to get to October. The issue coming will be sash latches.

6. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Ha good luck with that. Spare parts for appliances, new appliances, new cars, parts for cars, lawn mowers, parts for lawn mowers, windows, doors etc. all in short supply.

Used to be at this time of year you would see close to 100 lawn mowers in front of Lowes or Home depot. Not any more. It's worse if you are an independent shop. Congress outdoor power, Ballews poof if they don't have it you are not getting it. Back in April I needed a new lawn mower. Looking at a Toro Time Saver or Cub Cadet 28" dual blade. None to be had not only in Louisiana or the south east. I looked on line and found some units at Lawnmower direct. I wanted to use a local shop so I went to Congress Outdoor they had no, that's right no Cub Cadet lawn mowers of any size and only a very few Hondas. I got the Honda 21 inch self propelled ( a hell of a mower) and glad I got it. I just recently a with check Lawn Mowers direct..... No wide area Cub Cadet or Toro lawn mowers. This is a situation for sure.
    We have a neighbor that has been weed eating his whole yard for about a month now. That seemed kind of weird. Well, now I bet his lawn mower went out and he can’t find one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We have a neighbor that has been weed eating his whole yard for about a month now. That seemed kind of weird. Well, now I bet his lawn mower went out and he can’t find one.
    Or he can't get a repair part.

Went by this morning and took a few pics. Sorry if their quality is not too great, but you can see that they are progressing nicely. And as we suspected, the new work is being done to mimic the SEZ side….not the best of looks, but at least it will now be a consistent not so good look. And we will finally have some cover on that side.

And those good old UL shrubs are not looking too good these days……guess no one is watering them during these horrific hot days.

I agree with your assessment, it's not the greatest look, but it's at least consistent and better than what we had. A definite improvement.

I just went by a few minutes ago and took some shots. Identical to yours. Should have read the post before venturing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I just went by a few minutes ago and took some shots. Identical to yours. Should have read the post before venturing out.
    Ha. I made sure to check the board before I went out there, to make sure you, or anyone else, hadn’t posted anything recently.

I say you should post yours anyway…..might have something I didn’t capture.

If they’re trying to match the endzone structures, shouldn’t the pitch of the roof be the same as the endzone? The pitch is opposite (sloping down back to front) compared to the endzone which slopes up(back to front)

Kinda nit picky but just wondering

13. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

If they’re trying to match the endzone structures, shouldn’t the pitch of the roof be the same as the endzone? The pitch is opposite (sloping down back to front) compared to the endzone which slopes up(back to front)
    Get your mind out the gutter, this is to stop erosion on the back side of the hill.

jk good catch.

Kinda nit picky but just wondering
    Yeah I had that same thought but wasn’t gonna say it. For SEZ it was a totally new structure, and now they are dealing with an existing structure. To get that same pitch they would have to go much higher or do some demo??? In any event I much prefer the current pitch than the SEZ.

They better have some big gutters in the front that will hold some of our down pours, and I am sure they will. If not watch for the water fall.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information