Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Construction on Student Side of CF

Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    They better have some big gutters in the front that will hold some of our down pours, and I am sure they will. If not watch for the water fall.
    It would be nice if they hid the gutters just behind the front facade.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    I bet they will. And yeah, given the slope they will need them. Unlike on the SEZ where the pitch just takes it all harmlessly away to rear of the building.

3. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Amazing things can be done with gutters.

Quote Originally Posted by ljr3721 View Post
    Also, cut off the posts for a potential upper deck. That will get rid of the unfinished look when completed. I like the SEZ. Stadium should look much better with the East side matching.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Also, cut off the posts for a potential upper deck. That will get rid of the unfinished look when completed. I like the SEZ. Stadium should look much better with the East side matching.
    IDK……the new construction goes pretty much to the top of those old posts, and once it is all done I don’t think they will very noticeable. I mean if money was no object, then cut away. But since it is not I’d much rather see that money spent some other kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    IDK……the new construction goes pretty much to the top of those old posts, and once it is all done I don’t think they will very noticeable. I mean if money was no object, then cut away. But since it is not I’d much rather see that money spent some other kind of way.
    How much can it cost to cut those off?

If there is ever going to be an upper deck put up on that side the are going to need the rebar that it in that concrete. Just sayin.

I’m not a fan. Personally I think every bit of the “old stadium” looks like dog dookie. But we poor so….

The renderings of the upper deck and the end zone does look legit. But the rest is just plain trash.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    If there is ever going to be an upper deck put up on that side the are going to need the rebar that it in that concrete. Just sayin.
    Given what we are seeing of the rebar on the west side, and all the reports on it, I can’t believe there is anything in that old structure that would be good enough to build new construction on.

10. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Given what we are seeing of the rebar on the west side, and all the reports on it, I can’t believe there is anything in that old structure that would be good enough to build new construction on.
    .What we do need and quick is a rendering of some kind of our new stadium to show the different conferences that it will compare with our other great buildings….really basketball, baseball, softball, indoor facilities are comparable to just about all……get it done now!

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    I believe it. We're about to break ground on a new house and can't get windows until October.
    We broke ground, but then it has rained every day since

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……What we do need and quick is a rendering of some kind of our new stadium to show the different conferences that it will compare with our other great buildings….really basketball, baseball, softball, indoor facilities are comparable to just about all……get it done now!
    Boomer…they have published renderings of the new CF. Have you seen them? I think the new west facade will look ok, and will blend well with the APC, Tigue, etc, esp once the cox building is demo’d. The interior part of the new west side looks very nice.

Speaking of the cox building, anyone know where we are with getting a new club house/indoor batting at the Tigue? Weren’t the former players going to make that happen? I don’t see how they tear down the cox without a place for BB team to relocate to, but maybe I’m wrong about that.

Boomer…they have published renderings of the new CF. Have you seen them? I think the new west facade will look ok, and will blend well with the APC, Tigue, etc, esp once the cox building is demo’d. The interior part of the new west side looks very nice.

Speaking of the cox building, anyone know where we are with getting a new club house/indoor batting at the Tigue? Weren’t the former players going to make that happen? I don’t see how they tear down the cox without a place for BB team to relocate to, but maybe I’m wrong about that.
    The cox building houses admin staff who will have offices in the new football stadium. That's when they will demo it

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    The cox building houses admin staff who will have offices in the new football stadium. That's when they will demo it
    Yeah I know that but what about baseball locker room? Aren’t they using cox for that?

Yeah I know that but what about baseball locker room? Aren’t they using cox for that?
    No. They moved back to the baseball building when Deggs took over. Only Bab has an office in the Cox Building.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information