Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Construction on Student Side of CF

Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    With or without showers?
    Haha. Go ahead and throw them in.

Gotta have some place to clean up after eating crabs.

Should this plaza be in front of the football stadium and not hidden away in the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Should this plaza be in front of the football stadium and not hidden away in the corner?
    It should be between the football and baseball stadium, right where the Cox building sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It should be between the football and baseball stadium, right where the Cox building sits.
    Yep, right where it should be. Fans will be able to cheer the players on as leave the APC and enter the tunnel.

6. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

I was planning on putting a mini swamp right there, Bullgators, Cypress trees, and all, with a tunnel connecting to campus prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I was planning on putting a mini swamp right there, Bullgators, Cypress trees, and all, with a tunnel connecting to campus prime.
    Sorry Turbine, looks like you will need a new plan! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep, right where it should be. Fans will be able to cheer the players on as leave the APC and enter the tunnel.
    And, we need to enhance the look of the APC, now hidden by the Cox Bldg. A Plaza will tie in the facilities and be an awesome area that will give the athletic complex a finished, big time look, something it sorely needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    And, we need to enhance the look of the APC, now hidden by the Cox Bldg. A Plaza will tie in the facilities and be an awesome area that will give the athletic complex a finished, big time look, something it sorely needs.
    Once they tear down the Cox building, and the AC building in front of the Tigue, all will be good…even if it is a while before we can build a Champions Square. The facade of the APC is pretty nice, but you cannot see it right now. I know many aren’t crazy of the APC’S style since it is ‘modern’ and doesn't really reflect the buildings on the main campus, but it’s facade is kind of neat. It would be nice if $$$ was no object and we could afford to have something fancier, but it is not and we cannot. At least not now.

Once the new west side facade on CF is done, that will greatly enhance both the Tigue and APC, as the renderings show that it will reflect design elements of both of those buildings.

Finally, completing the Champions Square will be the last needed feature….the whole area will come together even more. Having bands before games under the big oak in-between the Tigue and CF, with crowds all around it, including the new Champion Square will be really nice and something truly unique.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Once they tear down the Cox building, and the AC building in front of the Tigue, all will be good…even if it is a while before we can build a Champions Square. The facade of the APC is pretty nice, but you cannot see it right now. I know many aren’t crazy of the APC’S style since it is ‘modern’ and doesn't really reflect the buildings on the main campus, but it’s facade is kind of neat. It would be nice if $$$ was no object and we could afford to have something fancier, but it is not and we cannot. At least not now.

Once the new west side facade on CF is done, that will greatly enhance both the Tigue and APC, as the renderings show that it will reflect design elements of both of those buildings.

Finally, completing the Champions Square will be the last needed feature….the whole area will come together even more. Having bands before games under the big oak in-between the Tigue and CF, with crowds all around it, including the new Champion Square will be really nice and something truly unique.
    How do we know "not now"? Why not design the Plaza and run the cost on it, then put it out for naming rights that would cover the cost? We just might find a company willing to do that and can get it built at the same time as the stadium.

How do we know "not now"? Why not design the Plaza and run the cost on it, then put it out for naming rights that would cover the cost? We just might find a company willing to do that and can get it built at the same time as the stadium.
    I’m sure the cost wouldn’t be too ridiculous. Maybe it’s an easy solution too.

Yep, I know that they will do that, and I also feel confident that it will be completed after Cox is torn down. My only point was that it is not an absolute needjust having the Cox gone will improve the location 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’m sure the cost wouldn’t be too ridiculous. Maybe it’s an easy solution too.
    Will be peanuts compared to everything else.

That would require a lot of temporary office buildings during construction until the football stadium is done. It could definitely be done that way if needed, but might make more sense to get those with Cox offices moved into the football stadium first

A little update. Looks nice, but I will be very disappointed if there is no scoreboard or scrolling ticker on the face of this.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information