Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Construction on Student Side of CF

Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Agree with this 100%. And I hope they can extend it to the light poles as well, with brick columns etc to match the SEZ.
    This will also whet the appetite of the fans for what is coming on the west side. After all this time, it’s good to see our future donors being taken care of before spending millions while they would of been sitting in 1970’s surroundings.

TDP was the right AD at the right time. Same can be said of Maggard. Probably the two best athletic hires in the history of our university.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    This will also whet the appetite of the fans for what is coming on the west side. After all this time, it’s good to see our future donors being taken care of before spending millions while they would of been sitting in 1970’s surroundings.

TDP was the right AD at the right time. Same can be said of Maggard. Probably the two best athletic hires in the history of our university.
    Oh, with all due (well earned) respect to TDP, by the time Maggard is finished it will not be even close as to who was the best hire. We are only seeing the beginning of the great things that will be happening in Cajun Nation. And they will almost all be due to his leadership. Of course, none of that will have happened without Dr. Savoie, so there’s that as well.

ETA: sorry, just re-read your post: now see we are saying the same thing lol.

3. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    A little shade for the students: But blacks out our heroes on the wall.

Thanks for the pics Frenchie.

100% positive response.

ps be careful on the throwback pics though, fans have had a few years to analyze the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks for the pics Frenchie.

100% positive response.

ps be careful on the throwback pics though, fans have had a few years to analyze the situation.
    Hope they replace that piece meal window unit with a mini split. Ranks right up there with Tech’s gone with the wind ticket booth.

You think some sort of gutter system would be needed for the front of that awning? In a bad rain that’s going to be a wall of water. Also that black fence would be the perfect design for the front of the stadium.

Excellent decision to add this to the student side. I have always said, since my first game as a student was the 2014 Southern game, that in order for UL to truly be a great atmosphere they need to somehow, someway, dominate student attendance.

This will greatly help and there is no doubt. Those August and September games get brutally hot and most people want to leave halfway through the game due to the heat. I, myself, did that during the 2016 Boise State game. It also didn't help we were losing 28-0 after the 1st quarter in 100 degree heat. This will give them some place to cool down which is much needed.

7. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

I drove by Cajun Field on Friday to see if they were working on this and they were not. Basically what Frenchie showed was the same. I can't wait to see a finished version of this. I really think it will add to the look of CF and it is also going to be very nice for those on that side during the heat and rain. Good move by the administration.

I'll say it again, I hope the cover extends to the light posts otherwise there's not enough room for rain cover when that side is 50+% full.

9. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

It's not being made to house 100% of the stadium from rain/heat. It's to cover the lines for concessions and restrooms, for aestetics and provide some relief spots for those wanting it. If the goal was to cover 100% capacity we would need a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    It's not being made to house 100% of the stadium from rain/heat. It's to cover the lines for concessions and restrooms, for aestetics and provide some relief spots for those wanting it. If the goal was to cover 100% capacity we would need a dome.
    Need to cut off the support posts that were set up years ago for an upper deck. It appears to serve no purpose at this point other than provide an unfinished look.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Need to cut off the support posts that were set up years ago for an upper deck. It appears to serve no purpose at this point other than provide an unfinished look.
    Donate to the cause, I am sure they would do it if you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Donate to the cause, I am sure they would do it if you paid for it.
    Everybody bring their concrete saws, hammer drills and grinders out and let's get r done

Quote Originally Posted by 225cajun View Post
    I didn't state 100%

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Everybody bring their concrete saws, hammer drills and grinders out and let's get r done
    Don’t forget dat Flex Seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-JhjYdMz24

Any progress? New pics? Frenchie where y’at??

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information