Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Construction on Student Side of CF

Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

That’ll spruce it up a bit. Thanks for the pics frenchie!

Nice pics Frenchie, thank you. That's more significant than I imagined, and it will certainly improve the overall look on that side. It's needed something for decades.

Looks like a 4-5 week job if the weather cooperates.

Hopefully that improvement will have a positive impact on attendance by students.

Looks like it will be nice addition.

I’m hopeful that the finished product will flow with the renovations to come on the home side.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Hopefully that improvement will have a positive impact on attendance by students.
    Would be amazing if it was climate controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Would be amazing if it was climate controlled.
    Open air with big ass fans. Some mist sprayers would be nice too

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    that is going to look pretty good. I like it. Again, i know it is a small thing, but it is going to be something to improve the look at Cajun Field.
    That is such a smart move, it gives more value to the season ticket holders on that side as they now have a place to get out of the weather if needed, or just to stand out of the sun.

Bravo!

I like it. Man it was hot on that side waiting for concessions. Also when the rain would hit there was no where to go except the bathroom or stand outside and get wet for us diehards. Most students would just leave when it rained.

To say this is long overdue doesn't due justice to how bad this situation has been for students and any fans sitting on the east side. When we added the south endzone section, I figured they would add a cover on the east side at the same time. If it was up to me, and it's not, I would extend the cover even further out to the light poles. They should also do something similar to the south endzone.

11. Default Re: Construction on Student Side of CF

I'm guessing there is a plan to find a new home for the names of former players that are on the back wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    I'm guessing there is a plan to find a new home for the names of former players that are on the back wall.
    I think the out side of the new addition will be the ring of honor. It's flat and large enough.

Thanks for the pics Frenchie!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    To say this is long overdue doesn't due justice to how bad this situation has been for students and any fans sitting on the east side. When we added the south endzone section, I figured they would add a cover on the east side at the same time. If it was up to me, and it's not, I would extend the cover even further out to the light poles. They should also do something similar to the south endzone.
    This. Plus the east side has looked "unfinished" since it's inception with the support wall for an upper deck that hasn't ever been needed

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    This. Plus the east side has looked "unfinished" since it's inception with the support wall for an upper deck that hasn't ever been needed
    Agree with this 100%. And I hope they can extend it to the light poles as well, with brick columns etc to match the SEZ.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information