Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The next UCF or Cincinnati? How about Billy Napier's Louisiana

Default Re: The next UCF or Cincinnati? How about Billy Napier's Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Okay, let me say this.

I'm tired of hearing I won't go because of the weeknight games. I'm tired of hearing I won't go because the quality of opponent. I'm tired of hearing I won't go because my tailgating is being interfered with.

I'm tired of it all.

I remember several years ago when someone said we have to get our program good enough to where what happens inside Cajun Field is more important than what happens outside it.

That includes not only tailgating, but also sitting at home in your easy chair.

Billy Napier has accomplished that goal.

No more freaking excuses.
    No more sense of entitlement.
    No more "it's all about" something else besides the program

No. More.
    💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯 💯

I total agree Jay. No more excuses for Cajun Nation. It’s time to put up and show up!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Pursued again for bigger jobs, Billy Napier stayed put. He says Louisiana has more to accomplish. His AD's vision? Make UL the next Cincinnati or UCF.

Thanks for posting.

Any day, any opponent, any time. Give ‘em hell, Jay!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What great draw opponents did we bring to Cajun Field during HUD’s first 3-4 years when we averaged much better attendance?

All I’m asking is the Acadiana community at least support Napier to the extent they supported Hud.

Coach Napier AT LEAST deserves that. IMO, he deserves much more support.
    Yes, yes, yes.

It is time to stop being an "excuse" person and becoming a fan!

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Okay, let me say this.

I'm tired of hearing I won't go because of the weeknight games. I'm tired of hearing I won't go because the quality of opponent. I'm tired of hearing I won't go because my tailgating is being interfered with.

I'm tired of it all.

I remember several years ago when someone said we have to get our program good enough to where what happens inside Cajun Field is more important than what happens outside it.

No. More.
    Agree. Entire State of Louisiana should be supporting Coach Napier and Louisiana Football. We have a good thing going here that others would only dream of like we did only a few years ago. This year will tell it all! Lets pack Cajun Field!
    Geaux Louisiana!

I think we will be pleasantly surprised with attendance this year. I know it goes without saying but if we knock off Texas the Nicholls game will be a crowd for the record books

There ought to easily be 25,000 or more butts in the seats at Cajun Field this year simply based on how good our team has been over the past two years, and will be again this year, regardless of if they beat Texas or not. Obviously, winning in Austin would be huge, but I hope some people don’t rely strictly on the result of that one game to determine whether or not they will show up in person and attend any other games.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    I think we will be pleasantly surprised with attendance this year. I know it goes without saying but if we knock off Texas the Nicholls game will be a crowd for the record books
    Attendance record is the Southern game a few years ago. Nicholls won't bring the same numbers as Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Attendance record is the Southern game a few years ago. Nicholls won't bring the same numbers as Southern.
    Well I know that. I’m just saying we had over 27-28k both times nicholls came under hud. They both were in the top 10 crowds at one time but got bumped out by the second southern game. So if we beat Texas we will have a top 10 crowd for the Nicholls game. I wasn’t saying we’d have 42k plus.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Well I know that. I’m just saying we had over 27-28k both times nicholls came under hud. They both were in the top 10 crowds at one time but got bumped out by the second southern game. So if we beat Texas we will have a top 10 crowd for the Nicholls game. I wasn’t saying we’d have 42k plus.
    Yeah, I almost edited my response to your post. If we get a top 10 crowd for Nicholls game, I'd be very happy to see that.

12. Default Re: The next UCF or Cincinnati? How about Billy Napier's Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    ….lI have always thought the best Cajun Field ever looked was for the McN and Southern games!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The next UCF or Cincinnati? How about Billy Napier's Louisiana

Okay, let me say this.

I'm tired of it all.

No. More.
    EXACTLY RIGHT!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….lI have always thought the best Cajun Field ever looked was for the McN and Southern games!
    AGREE!

We should take advantage of the SLC falling apart and form a conference like the following:

Louisiana
    ULM
    McNeese
    NW State
    Southern
    Grambling
    Nicholls
    Southeastern
    LA Tech
    Lamar

Watch the attendance roll in at Cajun Field for home games with that conference schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    AGREE!

We should take advantage of the SLC falling apart and form a conference like the following:

Louisiana
    ULM
    McNeese
    NW State
    Southern
    Grambling
    Nicholls
    Southeastern
    LA Tech
    Lamar

Watch the attendance roll in at Cajun Field for home games with that conference schedule!
    Oh you!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information