Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 159

Thread: Cedric Russell Portals out to Ohio State

  1. #91

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Devin Butts...New Mexico Junior College. Makes me wonder how many of these guys were here just to fill a spot.
    Butts was not brought in to fill a roster spot for a year. Just speculation but I would suspect whatever issues led to his suspension last year contributed to him moving on and going to the JUCO level. I wouldnít be surprised to see him return to the D-1 level in the future if off court issues arenít a factor.

    In Gordonís case I think it was simply an issue of his athleticism being hindered so much by the previous injuries and they had an opportunity to bring in someone else as an upgrade.

  2. Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Butts was not brought in to fill a roster spot for a year. Just speculation but I would suspect whatever issues led to his suspension last year contributed to him moving on and going to the JUCO level. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return to the D-1 level in the future if off court issues aren’t a factor.

    In Gordon’s case I think it was simply an issue of his athleticism being hindered so much by the previous injuries and they had an opportunity to bring in someone else as an upgrade.
    It’s always the players, never the coaches that brought them him..

    At some point, y’all have to figure out what is happening. (Hint: it ain’t the players)

  3. #93

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Butts was not brought in to fill a roster spot for a year. Just speculation but I would suspect whatever issues led to his suspension last year contributed to him moving on and going to the JUCO level. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him return to the D-1 level in the future if off court issues aren’t a factor.

    In Gordon’s case I think it was simply an issue of his athleticism being hindered so much by the previous injuries and they had an opportunity to bring in someone else as an upgrade.
    Hence both being fillers. We just prayed Gordon would get his ability back.

  4. #94

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It’s always the players, never the coaches that brought them him..

    At some point, y’all have to figure out what is happening. (Hint: it ain’t the players)
    Not trying to say it is not on the coaching staff by any means, they are ultimately responsible for a player's off court actions while in the program. I do believe this staff runs a tighter ship than most and that is one reason we have seen this issue on a few occasions.

    However to say that the staff knows someone is going to be a behavioral problem or have academic issues but think they can use them for a year to fill a role then cast them aside is pretty far fetched in my opinion.

  5. #95

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Not trying to say it is not on the coaching staff by any means, they are ultimately responsible for a player's off court actions while in the program. I do believe this staff runs a tighter ship than most and that is one reason we have seen this issue on a few occasions.

    However to say that the staff knows someone is going to be a behavioral problem or have academic issues but think they can use them for a year to fill a role then cast them aside is pretty far fetched in my opinion.
    Are you saying they didn't know Butts had history of that? Because that would be wrong. They know for the most part what these kids are bringing in the program.

  6. #96

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Are you saying they didn't know Butts had history of that? Because that would be wrong. They know for the most part what these kids are bringing in the program.
    I'm trying to say I don't they are coming into it with a mindset of "we don't care what the kid does we just going to use him for a year" which is what the initial post of "filling a spot" seemed to entail. Taking a chance on kids like that from SEC level schools is a necessity for mid majors. It has proven successful here in the past and even under this staff (Stroman and Gant). Many of you long for the Jessie Evans days, that was his bread and butter.

  7. #97

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I'm trying to say I don't they are coming into it with a mindset of "we don't care what the kid does we just going to use him for a year" which is what the initial post of "filling a spot" seemed to entail. Taking a chance on kids like that from SEC level schools is a necessity for mid majors. It has proven successful here in the past and even under this staff (Stroman and Gant). Many of you long for the Jessie Evans days, that was his bread and butter.
    Most of what Marlin has brought in lately from the high school ranks are essentially roster fillers. That is the whole problem with our team.

  8. UL Basketball Ohio State in the mix for Cedric Russell

    There is a small list of players that Ohio State is still considering adding to its men’s basketball roster for the upcoming season.

    Louisiana’s Cedric Russell is on it ...



  9. Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Good opportunity for Cedric!!


  10. Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    I hate to see Cedric leave, but i'm also happy that he has an opportunity to play for a better team. I only hope the best happens for him!


  11. #101

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Louisiana transfer Cedric Russell has committed to Ohio State, source told
    @Stadium
    . Averaged 17 points per game last season and will help ease the scoring blow of losing Duane Washington Jr., to the pros.


  12. #102

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Russell to the OSU, Wilson to Texas Tech. Sounds to me like our talent shortage has not been in players.

    Congratulations and best of luck to both young men.


  13. #103

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Russell to the OSU, Wilson to Texas Tech. Sounds to me like our talent shortage has not been in players.

    Congratulations and best of luck to both young men.
    No one has done less with more

  14. #104

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    No one has done less with more
    So over this Bob Marlin Big Fish guy.

  15. #105

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    I sense a big season for Marlin and our basketball team this coming year. So many of you are going to eat a big pile of crow, and Coach Big Fish will enjoy every second of it.


Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 11th, 2021, 03:49 pm
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 30th, 2021, 05:05 am
  3. Cedric Russell Tabbed LSWA Player of the Week
    By NewsCopy in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 24th, 2020, 01:09 pm
  4. Cedric Russell-Early Basketball Signee Progress
    By Cajunsmike in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2017, 03:46 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •