Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 159

Thread: Cedric Russell Portals out to Ohio State

  1. #61

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Four pages about someone who turned his back on our program? That’s stupid in itself.


  2. #62

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Four pages about someone who turned his back on our program? That’s stupid in itself.
    Why would you say that he played his four required years at UL this is a bonus year. I'm so sick of people treating these athletes as I'm ok with you as long as you're providing for my school. No one really knows why he is testing the market. If it wasn't for Covid he wouldn't be here this coming year anyway so what are we really losing.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Why would you say that he played his four required years at UL this is a bonus year. I'm so sick of people treating these athletes as I'm ok with you as long as you're providing for my school. No one really knows why he is testing the market. If it wasn't for Covid he wouldn't be here this coming year anyway so what are we really losing.
    Those kids are getting paid. It’s not like student athletes from 10 years ago. Getting COA and NIL is no longer amateur athletics. So the “protection” of student athletes feelings is over.

    Doesn’t matter either way…he gone

  4. #64

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Cedric has been an outstanding player and leader since he stepped foot on campus. This was not a decision he took lightly. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. He has to do what he feels is best for him and his family, remember, he is a father now. He could have been promised more exposure, NIL money, etc....

    How many of you have left your job for something you felt will allow you to grow and make more money? I did 1 1/2 years ago. I still have great relationships with my former boss and employees. They did not disown me because I made a decision I felt was better for me. In fact, they supported me.

    Cedric gave 4 years of his life to be a Ragin Cajun often times playing hurt. He is the 2nd leading three point shooter in the history of this school. I thank him for what he has done for our program and wish him nothing but the best.


  5. #65

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Cedric has been an outstanding player and leader since he stepped foot on campus. This was not a decision he took lightly. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. He has to do what he feels is best for him and his family, remember, he is a father now. He could have been promised more exposure, NIL money, etc....

    How many of you have left your job for something you felt will allow you to grow and make more money? I did 1 1/2 years ago. I still have great relationships with my former boss and employees. They did not disown me because I made a decision I felt was better for me. In fact, they supported me.

    Cedric gave 4 years of his life to be a Ragin Cajun often times playing hurt. He is the 2nd leading three point shooter in the history of this school. I thank him for what he has done for our program and wish him nothing but the best.
    ^+1000

  6. #66

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Those kids are getting paid. It’s not like student athletes from 10 years ago. Getting COA and NIL is no longer amateur athletics. So the “protection” of student athletes feelings is over.

    Doesn’t matter either way…he gone
    So if we shouldn't care about their feelings then they shouldn't care about our University it's just a business decision until one side decides they no longer want to participate in said agreement. This kid fulfilled his agreement to play four years for the Cajuns as far as I'm concern he can do whatever he wants with his bonus year. Not like he's leaving early.

  7. Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Cedric has been an outstanding player and leader since he stepped foot on campus. This was not a decision he took lightly. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. He has to do what he feels is best for him and his family, remember, he is a father now. He could have been promised more exposure, NIL money, etc....

    How many of you have left your job for something you felt will allow you to grow and make more money? I did 1 1/2 years ago. I still have great relationships with my former boss and employees. They did not disown me because I made a decision I felt was better for me. In fact, they supported me.

    Cedric gave 4 years of his life to be a Ragin Cajun often times playing hurt. He is the 2nd leading three point shooter in the history of this school. I thank him for what he has done for our program and wish him nothing but the best.
    My prediction is that except for guaranteed first round picks, "NIL money" will prove to be local.

    Portal Popping will null nil.

    I believe that as the returning "leading scorer' for Louisiana Russell was in for a NIL payday, locally.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Cedric has been an outstanding player and leader since he stepped foot on campus. This was not a decision he took lightly. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. He has to do what he feels is best for him and his family, remember, he is a father now. He could have been promised more exposure, NIL money, etc....

    How many of you have left your job for something you felt will allow you to grow and make more money? I did 1 1/2 years ago. I still have great relationships with my former boss and employees. They did not disown me because I made a decision I felt was better for me. In fact, they supported me.

    Cedric gave 4 years of his life to be a Ragin Cajun often times playing hurt. He is the 2nd leading three point shooter in the history of this school. I thank him for what he has done for our program and wish him nothing but the best.
    Very well said, Cedric gave us 4 great years and having someone in any program for 4 years will be very rare in the new landscape. Wish him nothing but the best.

    I saw where CBS Sports put out their final transfer portal rankings, over 1,700 players entered the portal. Russell was #67, just behind Jordan Brown who was #65 and ahead of Michael Flowers who was #68. Devante Jones was # 14.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I saw where CBS Sports put out their final transfer portal rankings, over 1,700 players entered the portal.
    With only 1,750 starting positions in D1, and it’s almost certain no player transfers out to ride the bench, there’s a whole lot of butt hurt coming when taking in account the unknown number of starters who stayed with their teams.

    The very sad part is how many guys will lose their path to an education. Don’t see any NIL candidates coming out the portals.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    I don’t have much empathy for a ____ The Police guy.


  11. #71

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Cedric has been an outstanding player and leader since he stepped foot on campus. This was not a decision he took lightly. He has a great relationship with the entire coaching staff. He has to do what he feels is best for him and his family, remember, he is a father now. He could have been promised more exposure, NIL money, etc....

    How many of you have left your job for something you felt will allow you to grow and make more money? I did 1 1/2 years ago. I still have great relationships with my former boss and employees. They did not disown me because I made a decision I felt was better for me. In fact, they supported me.

    Cedric gave 4 years of his life to be a Ragin Cajun often times playing hurt. He is the 2nd leading three point shooter in the history of this school. I thank him for what he has done for our program and wish him nothing but the best.
    ^ Very good post, completely agree. I wish Cedric was coming back but he needs to do what he feels is best for himself and his family. Wish him the best with his future.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I donít have much empathy for a ____ The Police guy.
    I agree.

    Chalk it up to him being young or maybe he really feels this way, but for such an outstanding leader, this was one bad decision in my opinion.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Still have yet to see the proof. People say there’s a pic. Prove it (not saying it didn’t happen)


  14. #74

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Still have yet to see the proof. People say there’s a pic. Prove it (not saying it didn’t happen)
    Not that it is important any longer and is simply adding to this thread, it indeed happened. Who verified it, someone in the athletic department. The photo has long been removed from a Facebook page and is ancient history. Time to move on.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Cedric Russell entering transfer portal

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don’t have much empathy for a ____ The Police guy.
    If I had a dollar for every time someone told me F you while in my police uniform or in public I'd have a couple of hundred if not 1000 that doesn't faze me it comes with the territory not that I like it but it wont define who I am.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 11th, 2021, 03:49 pm
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 30th, 2021, 05:05 am
  3. Cedric Russell Tabbed LSWA Player of the Week
    By NewsCopy in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 24th, 2020, 01:09 pm
  4. Cedric Russell-Early Basketball Signee Progress
    By Cajunsmike in forum PlayerDock
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2017, 03:46 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •