Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

1. UL Football Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

It’s good to be a Ragin’ Cajun right now.

Louisiana has won three consecutive Sun Belt West division championships and a conference co-championship last season. Last year’s team reached the AP Top 25 for the first time since 1943. Head coach Billy Napier is back for a fourth season after interviewing for several SEC jobs. And earlier this month, the school announced a $15 million gift for stadium naming rights, the largest athletics gift in school history.

Default Re: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

This is the first article by Chris Vannini that uses Louisiana as the name.

I'm not at all saying it's anything I did, but I complained several times about the use of our name to The Athletic, and eventually cancelled and my reason (because it asks) was due to the disrespect given to our football program by Chris Vannini of not following what the program wants to be called. I'm just happy to see they are using it now. Will they fluctuate back and forth? Maybe, but I think this is progress.

3. Default Re: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    This is the first article by Chris Vannini that uses Louisiana as the name.

I'm not at all saying it's anything I did, but I complained several times about the use of our name to The Athletic, and eventually cancelled and my reason (because it asks) was due to the disrespect given to our football program by Chris Vannini of not following what the program wants to be called. I'm just happy to see they are using it now. Will they fluctuate back and forth? Maybe, but I think this is progress.
    We also had him on the pod and talked about it extensively before and after recording. It wasn’t his deal, entirely. But glad it worked out. He’s a good cat. Excellent writer and covers the Non Traditional Powers better than almost anyone in the country.

Default Re: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We also had him on the pod and talked about it extensively before and after recording. It wasn’t his deal, entirely. But glad it worked out. He’s a good cat. Excellent writer and covers the Non Traditional Powers better than almost anyone in the country.
    I agree, it's a needed service that he provides and he's a good writer.

Can someone cut and paste for those of us who don't subscribe? We're too cheap and lazy.

Do you think the fact that people were canceling subscriptions had anything to do with their name policy changing? I imagine the explanation you guys gave of how important this was to the fanbase was a factor in the policy change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Do you think the fact that people were canceling subscriptions had anything to do with their name policy changing? I imagine the explanation you guys gave of how important this was to the fanbase was a factor in the policy change.
    I canceled my subscription about 2 months ago I just did a year renewal lol

I am still a subscriber. If they revert back, I will cancel just like ULGrad@Hou quoting the same reason.

I agree terrific article. I read every word.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I am still a subscriber. If they revert back, I will cancel just like ULGrad@Hou quoting the same reason.

I agree terrific article. I read every word.
    Same here here brother

Did the same thing. Joined. Saw the ULL references and immediately cancelled. Told them why. Emailed Chris. Told him why. Not resubscribing until i know it is permanent.

Well, I did not subscribe, just went the free trial route. Excellent, article. Very in-depth. The last few lines sum it all up:

“They’ve competed for the Sun Belt championship in three consecutive seasons and should be there again for No. 4. But is it enough to reach that next level? To win the league outright and get a New Year’s Six spot? The fact that this is the expectation and goal illustrates how far things have come. It’s good to be a Ragin’ Cajun right now.

12. Default Re: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

Regarding the name battle, the AP is really our last big hurdle. A successful season this year would go a long way. But I know for certain that we’ve been in touch with those folks and have been working on getting it changed.

Regarding the name battle, the AP is really our last big hurdle. A successful season this year would go a long way. But I know for certain that we’ve been in touch with those folks and have been working on getting it changed.
    Yes, that’s where I see it consistently listed wrong. A last hurdle that hope will be fixed soon. MAT: did they ever give their reasoning behind sticking with the wrong name?

14. Default Re: Louisiana has reached new heights under Billy Napier, and Levi Lewis is back to lead

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yes, that’s where I see it consistently listed wrong. A last hurdle that hope will be fixed soon. MAT: did they ever give their reasoning behind sticking with the wrong name?
    AP or Vannini?

Yahoo sports is another that hasn't followed our preferred branding name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information