Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Javelin

Default Re: Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Thanks Debbie Downer
    He is being a realist. He is the only guy on this board who has competed in Eugene, Oregon and the only guy on this board that has done every single track and field event. C4L knows track and field.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    A couple questions if you place in the top 3 and don't have the olympic standard do you not go to Tokyo? If Claire sets a new PR does this count as a school record?
    There is an A standard and a B standard. If she meets the B standard and is in the top 3 she goes. But will not be in the top Flight of throwers.

The top three throwers right now do not have A standard throws in this meet. They might have a 64 meter throw through this season which I believe gets them into the top flight of throwers.

Thanks Debbie Downer
    I’m not being a Debbie Downer.

When it comes to the javelin, Americans don’t stand a chance. Male or female, so for us javelin throwers, having a great showing, making the finals, IS the pinnacle for US javelin throwers. Men or women.

He is being a realist. He is the only guy on this board who has competed in Eugene, Oregon and the only guy on this board that has done every single track and field event. C4L knows track and field.
    I didn’t make it to the trials in 2004. I could have met the USATF qualifying standard in the Javelin, but was activated for deployment.

I started training for the 2008 USATF Olympic Trials, but had a pretty severe shoulder injury in training and couldn’t complete. I missed my window.

So if anyone thinks I’m bashing Claire they are wrong. What she’s accomplished is unbelievably difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    There is an A standard and a B standard. If she meets the B standard and is in the top 3 she goes. But will not be in the top Flight of throwers.

The top three throwers right now do not have A standard throws in this meet. They might have a 64 meter throw through this season which I believe gets them into the top flight of throwers.
    What about if Claire sets a PR at this meet will it be a school record or is she throwing unattached?

What about if Claire sets a PR at this meet will it be a school record or is she throwing unattached?
    That will be up to the school. But I would think that Lon and the university would count it since it’s a qualifying year.

7. Default Re: Javelin

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That will be up to the school. But I would think that Lon and the university would count it since it’s a qualifying year.
    ….Can’t recall her name but the UL freshman that broke the Myers girls record….what is up there….saw maybe Jr olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Can’t recall her name but the UL freshman that broke the Myers girls record….what is up there….saw maybe Jr olympics?
    She had a further throw than Myers. Curious how she didn't qualify?

He is being a realist. He is the only guy on this
    board who has competed in Eugene, Oregon and the only guy on this board that has done every single track and field event. C4L knows track and field.
    I don’t care if he is Bruce Jenner, he killed the cheerful mood…

I don’t care if he is Bruce Jenner, he killed the cheerful mood…
    I know C4L personally, he isn't Jenner.

I know C4L personally, he isn't Jenner.
    Ouch

Ouch
    Not meant as a dig, as C4L knows who and what he is personally. Athletically almost nobody was Jenner. C4L will tell you that, like I said he is a realist. As great as he was as an athlete I appreciate his sacrifice for our country more than anything he ever did on the diamond, oval, or football field.

13. Default Re: Javelin

Looks like JMV is doing a little squirming tonight, again.

14. Default Re: Javelin

…….So we are now “Jav U”……really 2 kids qualify for the Olympics!……..so what about the freshman?

15. Default Re: Javelin

With what has happened with COVID, there can be plenty of Freshmen on each team for the 2021-2022 season.

You have:

1. Regular Freshmen out of high school
    2. Redshirt Freshmen
    3. Medical Redshirt Freshmen
    4. Freshmen that have taken both a redshirt and a medical redshirt
    5. Freshmen that played in the COVID aborted year and COVID year.
    6. Freshman that took a redshirt in 2019, had the COVID aborted year and COVID year.
    7. Freshmen that took a medical redshirt IN 2019, had the COVID aborted year and the COVID year
    9. Freshmen that took a redshirt and medical redshirt and had the COVID aborted year and the COVID year
    8. Freshmen that played only in the COVID year.
    9. Freshmen that did any of the above and transferred in.

So, under these times you technically can have first year freshmen, second year freshmen, third year freshmen, fourth year freshmen and fifth year freshmen, all with 4 years eligibility remaining.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information