Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How much is Billy Napier really making?

Default Re: How much is Billy Napier really making?

Re: How much is Billy Napier really making?

Simple answer! NOT ENOUGH!

The powerhouse football programs of the country are the only ones who I think can get away with full crowds on a regular basis. And I'm not even certain that will continue in the coming years. Life these days is very different than 20 years ago with many more entertainment options and most don't require you to leave your couch. Parents with kids used to have a baseball, basketball, football season, etc.... and now it's year round travel ball with a tournament every weekend.

I think as a whole most people have less free time than they used to which is a contributing factor. How much of a contributing factor is up for debate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    The powerhouse football programs of the country are the only ones who I think can get away with full crowds on a regular basis. And I'm not even certain that will continue in the coming years. Life these days is very different than 20 years ago with many more entertainment options and most don't require you to leave your couch. Parents with kids used to have a baseball, basketball, football season, etc.... and now it's year round travel ball with a tournament every weekend.

I think as a whole most people have less free time than they used to which is a contributing factor. How much of a contributing factor is up for debate of course.
    The year round travel ball situation is causing there to be less sports fans period. The parent who wants his kid to have just 2 months of recreational ball for fun is being left behind. There are a lot more of those than people with the resources to be gone from home most weekends. Therefore less kids play and there are fewer sports fans in the future as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The year round travel ball situation is causing there to be less sports fans period. The parent who wants his kid to have just 2 months of recreational ball for fun is being left behind. There are a lot more of those than people with the resources to be gone from home most weekends. Therefore less kids play and there are fewer sports fans in the future as a result.
    Without a doubt. Amazes me how much time/money people are willing to dump into traveling to play in any and every tournament available. I know a few people that do it and I often wonder if there parents have anything else to think about other than travel ball.

If those parents finally do get a weekend off of their kids sports, guess where is the last place they want to spend their weekend?

6. Default Re: How much is Billy Napier really making?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Little League still does wonders with the kids that you speak of.

Right, my 4 year old is in a T-Ball Travel League, its a grind. Will have to forget about UL Football this year....Signed, Any Excuse Will Do Casual Fan...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information