Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

Default Re: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

I'd like to know the microfilm Marlin has and on whom. This ____ is incredible.

Default Re: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

Buyout did not increase with the extension. If administration feels a change is necessary after the end of the season, the obligation is the same as it would have been without the extension. This extension is perhaps meaningful only with a successful season . Pressure is still on. I believe decision was to give ALL coaches the one year extension was due to dealing with the Covid protocols. Similar how NCAA gave players an extra year. I think some other schools are doing the same

3. Default Re: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

I don't care who the opponent is, it will be fun to watch this talent gel.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'd like to know the microfilm Marlin has and on whom. This ____ is incredible.
    Exactly! Unbelievable we have kept him around as long as we have, and that we plan on extending him. I guess on the bright side, if anyone is still worried about Covid you will always be able to social distance at the Cajundome.

In Maggard I Trust.

6. Default Re: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    In Maggard I Trust.
    If you really read the extension, it’s not much of anything. Pretty symbolic more than anything.

But we all knew that Marlin wasn’t going anywhere until the end of his contract anyway. They were not and will not fire him before then.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you really read the extension, it’s not much of anything. Pretty symbolic more than anything.

But we all knew that Marlin wasn’t going anywhere until the end of his contract anyway. They were not and will not fire him before then.
    The end of his contract will never happen if he keeps getting extended.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Extend Marlin WOW!!!!
    T-joe says, “I’ll take don’t give a frick about message boards for 200 Alex”

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    T-joe says, “I’ll take don’t give a frick about message boards for 200 Alex”
    Or donations apparently when Dimond sports lapping the basketball teams in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    If he doesn't win conference regular season, or tournament he will be gone after 2023 season. Since he has 1 regular season championship and 1 conference tournament championship in over 11 years, you should probably take those odds to Vegas.

I am just as interested to see how folks would react if Marlin won the regular season and tournament championship this upcoming year, as I would be if they actually win it. Talk about the board being entertaining! make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I am just as interested to see how folks would react if Marlin won the regular season and tournament championship this upcoming year, as I would be if they actually win it. Talk about the board being entertaining! make it happen.
    I don’t think there’s a single person on this board that doesn’t like Bob Marlin as a person. I also don’t think there’s a person on this board that actually wants him to lose.
    At the same time there’s a very specific reason that people are fed up with the constant raises and extensions when we really have nothing but mediocre success to show for it.
    There’s also a reason why people are still pessimistic about basketball when we have a little bit of success during a season. We normally follow a long winning streak with mind numbing losses and losing streaks. We have the “best season ever” and lose to a 5 win Little Rock team on senior night. We also bowed out in the semis that year.
    There’s always an excuse. There’s always a slick comment thrown at the fan base or something along those lines. It’s tiresome and it’s been long past time for a change. Not because Bob sucks but because it’s time for something new.
    I think we could win 25 regular season games this year and people would be happy but still pessimistic about how the tournament would go. It’s just the way Cajun basketball has been for the last 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Personally, I have no problems with Coach Marlin. He's actually a good guy to most people that have spoke to him personally. I hope he does win, at least we would have something other than football and softball to celebrate out of the top programs. Results matter, and the long term health of my university's athletic program are far more important then the personality that is the current HC.

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Once again the extension is only pertinent with success due to the buyout not increasing. If a disappointing season occurs, the administration can make a change with no increase in the financial obligation they had before today. As MAT said, this is somewhat symbolic. Perhaps the staff told potential recruits that an extension was pending. If so, that may have helped bring new talent on board. I imagine the pandemic was a major reason in the decision to extend ALL the coaches one year. Note, Coach Brodhead received a two year extension due to the WBB team winning the regular season championship. His contract called for 1 year to be given automatically with that accomplishment. Similar language is in the contracts for all these coaches.

15. Default Re: UL plans to extend contracts for five coaches, including Marlin, Deggs, Glasco

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Personally, I have no problems with Coach Marlin. He's actually a good guy to most people that have spoke to him personally. I hope he does win, at least we would have something other than football and softball to celebrate out of the top programs. Results matter, and the long term health of my university's athletic program are far more important then the personality that is the current HC.
    Perfectly said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information