Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at Indiana on 2021-22 MBB schedule

Default Re: Louisiana at Indiana on 2021-22 MBB schedule

Tennessee did come here during the Robert Lee years. Game was played on Nov. 27 of 2006 and the Vols won by a score of 77 to 67. It was a season in which the Cajuns were not expected to be very good, the fans knew it, therefore attendance was weak that night. Just two seasons before, the Cajuns had played Louisville to the wire in an NCAA tournament game. However, all of the top players of that team were gone by the 2006-2007 season. I think that is the last time we entered into a 2 for 1 deal. 15 years now since a "name" team has come to the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    They scared to play in our gym.
    Now your sounding like the Big Fish.

I can promise you there has been nothing to be scared of for while now. Lol

Ohio State came here in about the same time frame as Tennesee. Not sure of the year.

Went back and looked at the schedule and Nevada actually played in the Cajundome 2 days after Tennessee in 2006. That week Tennessee was ranked #22 and Nevada was #20. They only lost by 12 to Nevada after only losing to Tennessee by 10. Kind of shocking because that was when Coach Lee had gutted the roster and had brought in about 8-9 Fresman. Ross Mouton and David Dees combined for about 70% of total scoring that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Heck When was the last time a decent out of state school came to the dome.
    UMASS?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    UMASS?
    How quickly you guys forget the university of the Virgin Islands gracing us with their presence at the dome

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    How quickly you guys forget the university of the Virgin Islands gracing us with their presence at the dome
    Yeah, I conveniently missed that game

LOL The way Murphy tried to hype that game you swear they were the Duke of the Caribbean

I was working actually out of the UVI athletic building when this game came about and was played. Jim Hatfield was connected to UVI at some point and the Mississippi State connection is how the game happened. UVI was looking for an extra game when they came to the mainland/NOLA and the Cajuns were looking for an exhibition game. I know Coach Dolar, then an assistant at USVI. Coach spoke very highly of Marlin, our program, and Hatfield. Given the two major hurricanes in 11 days that struck St. Thomas, UVI was blessed to even field a team. If we were playing exhibition games like we have in the past, might was well be someone different.

We look at Lake Charles/McNeese and their present situation. Try being a 14 mile long rock in the ocean with nothing to dampen the blow. One of those things you’d have to see with your own eyes to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Ohio State came here in about the same time frame as Tennesee. Not sure of the year.
    Ohio State came in the first year of the Jessie Evans era. Late 90's time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Ohio State came in the first year of the Jessie Evans era. Late 90's time frame.
    Casey Green vs. Michael Redd

ETA: a ranked Florida state team also came to the cajundome that year.

I did not want to start a new thread, but we will host UNO on Friday, December 2nd.

Have we won the name battle? UNO has us listed as Louisiana on the schedule, while calling us the Ragin' Cajuns in the release.
    https://unoprivateers.com/news/2021/...-schedule.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I did not want to start a new thread, but we will host UNO on Friday, December 2nd.

Have we won the name battle? UNO has us listed as Louisiana on the schedule, while calling us the Ragin' Cajuns in the release.
    https://unoprivateers.com/news/2021/...-schedule.aspx
    I thought UNO and McNeese didn’t want to play us anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I thought UNO and McNeese didn’t want to play us anymore?

UNO agreed to a four game contract. We played 2 games last season, they come here this season and we go there next year. Not sure why they changed their mind. McNeese changed their mind about playing us when we let their teams train here following the hurricane. Thank to MelRock for letting us know the date of the UNO game. I imagine it has been set for a Friday night due to the possibility the football team host the conference championship game the next day. Not sure if this is official yet, but I think we are tentatively set to play at Houston on a mid December Wednesday night.

Indiana is part of the MTE we are participating in. Yale was supposed to be the home game we got out of the deal, but they've pulled out. Don't know who is replacing them. I was disappointed as the Bulldogs have been pretty darned good the last few seasons.

I believe a road game with Marshall is the other part of the MTE. Not sure about that, through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information