Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: UT message board $#![ talk!

Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Rule #1 on defense...you knock a starter out that scalp is yours. I’ll give you the All American TE but we punked their OL.

Our offensive and defensive lines manhandled Iowa State. It was impressive the way we wore them down and our skill position players had their way with them.

On defense, the front 7 need to “impose their will”; to coin a phrase from Coach Gerald Broussard. On offense…..the O-Line needs to “impose their will”.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Our offensive and defensive lines manhandled Iowa State. It was impressive the way we wore them down and our skill position players had their way with them.
    Agreed. To beat a more talented team you need to control the LOS and have your QB outplay their QB. That is the recipe for an upset. Luckily for us we have a solid OL and a proven difference maker at QB. The jury is still out if we have the DL to control the LOS against a P5 foe. If we do control the LOS like we did at Iowa St, we probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Yes they are wrong about the ISU game. In context to believing ISU should have won based on and Texas should feel more at ease because......
    1. If ISU didn't give up 2 special teams TD.
    2. If they would have gotten a regular off-season to prepare, if the stadium wasn't empty, and if they took the game seriously.
    3. If their all everything TE and lineman didn't get hurt.
    4. If they wouldn't have completely quit at the end of the game and let another TD be score on them.
    5. If the QB would have played better, and the team not have 3 turnovers.

How can this line of thinking make someone mostly right? Does the other team get any "Ifs" to do over and make it work out better?
    Easy there cowboy. I understand there's plenty of conjecture there but those are things both teams can make points for. I was commenting more on the facts that it is not a common thing to score nearly the majority of your points on special teams and defensive touchdowns. It was also a weird game because we won without being able to run the ball effectively even though we are a running team. It's also true they played a home game but the home field advantage was not much of an advantage last year due to capacity limitations. Yes, their QB did play poorly in that game compared to the season he had overall even though I think the cajuns had a lot to do with that play. The other stuff, we say that as well and make excuses also when it benefits us. That's all.

Texas? Never heard of her

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Now I picture MAT going “Full Metal Jacket/Private Cowboy” on one of those guys.

8. Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Now I picture MAT going “Full Metal Jacket/Private Cowboy” on one of those guys.
    Haha

It would be nice to actually discuss the game with them.. Once they join the rest of us in reality..

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    That's because their real name is the University of Texas @ Austin!!!! So therefore, no one outside the State of Texas knows who you are talking about when you just call them Texas! LOL!!!

Just my opinion (I defer to former players and coaches on this forum), but I would think the success of an O-line and a D-line would depend on stamina, unit integrity and symbiobtic thinking/movement - and occasionally subbing another guy in who moves with the unit without disrupting the success of said unit

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Just my opinion (I defer to former players and coaches on this forum), but I would think the success of an O-line and a D-line would depend on stamina, unit integrity and symbiobtic thinking/movement - and occasionally subbing another guy in who moves with the unit without disrupting the success of said unit
    According to some Texas fans whoever weighs the most wins the game

12. Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    That's because their real name is the University of Texas @ Austin!!!! So therefore, no one outside the State of Texas knows who you are talking about when you just call them Texas! LOL!!!
    It's called marketing, which the Associated Press is totally on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Easy there cowboy. I understand there's plenty of conjecture there but those are things both teams can make points for. I was commenting more on the facts that it is not a common thing to score nearly the majority of your points on special teams and defensive touchdowns. It was also a weird game because we won without being able to run the ball effectively even though we are a running team. It's also true they played a home game but the home field advantage was not much of an advantage last year due to capacity limitations. Yes, their QB did play poorly in that game compared to the season he had overall even though I think the cajuns had a lot to do with that play. The other stuff, we say that as well and make excuses also when it benefits us. That's all.
    I will start where you ended. Just because fans say things and make excuses to make themselves feel better does not mean its correct, no matter if its us, or them. Sports is not a straight forward, one way type of thing. It takes a lot of good things happening to win games against good teams. When you dont do them, you lose more times than you win. Thats sports, fans across the board seem to overlook how much is tied together to create the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Read, react, feet, hands, leverage, technique win the down

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    A very wise man once said”you would rather look pretty and lose than look ugly and win”
    A UT grad??

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    # BeatTexas

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information