Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: UT message board $#![ talk!

Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Why can't we get a better team to open, why are we playing in that heat at 3pm, full stadium? I'm not going through those hassles...Ill just stay home and DVR the game...Signed, Texas Casual Fan...

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They're pretty full of themselves aren't they....More experts there than you find out Tiggerpoops. "I watched the film" no dumbazz you watched a youtube playback...Experts all of them...reminds me of graffiti on the Grant Street bath wall..."here I sit buns aflexin, givn birth to another Texan"...With apologies to fellow RPers who could be native Texans.
    It's all the same $h¡t to me.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas

I don't know how those orange idiots can talk all that smack. Texas has a handful of Sr's returning with one grad transfer. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...rt/texas/92016

I moved to Texas 9 months ago. One of my UT neighbors is getting a UL flag, t-shirts, bumper stickers, and a pressure washed UL logo in his driveway when we beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I don't know how those orange idiots can talk all that smack. Texas has a handful of Sr's returning with one grad transfer. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...rt/texas/92016
    I’ve said it several times, Texas isn’t who they think they are. They have a bunch of money. 3 big 12 titles in 26 years and haven’t done ____ since Mack Brown left 12 years ago. You would think they are Oklahoma with their arrogance, Oklahoma has 14 conference titles to their 3 by the way

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    But are they wrong? They were right about the ISU game for the large part and we did win a lot of close games in conference. I mean, yes they do sound a bit foolish when someone suggests that because we don't have a DL over 300 pounds they should be able to ram the ball down our throats but not much of what I saw in that first page was completely inaccurate IMO. They are right though, we're going to have to be able to pass the ball and make plays through the air. We will need to establish the run but I think we will need to really make plays in the passing game to win.
    Yes they are wrong about the ISU game. In context to believing ISU should have won based on and Texas should feel more at ease because......
    1. If ISU didn't give up 2 special teams TD.
    2. If they would have gotten a regular off-season to prepare, if the stadium wasn't empty, and if they took the game seriously.
    3. If their all everything TE and lineman didn't get hurt.
    4. If they wouldn't have completely quit at the end of the game and let another TD be score on them.
    5. If the QB would have played better, and the team not have 3 turnovers.

How can this line of thinking make someone mostly right? Does the other team get any "Ifs" to do over and make it work out better?

https://texassports.com/news/2015/6/...617151619.aspx

Looks like they sell Beer and Wine at Texas' stadium!
    Sure hope they still do as that is an old article.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    It is going to be loud and a hostile environment sell out. Going to take mistake free football. Levi will not be able to miss many wide open receivers as he did last year. We will have to capitalize on opportunities. We will have to be mistake free.
    Geaux Cajuns.
    The assumption here is that Texas will play mistake-free football. They have plenty of talent, but with a whole new staff it will take them time to get going.

If Cajuns play mistake-free, then yes, a win should be expected, but seeing that as potentially the only way is USL-type thinking. The reason Napier's teams have performed so well, is an ability to overcome adversity, IMO.

Yes, the talent is more abundant and conditioning is better, but his teams just keep grinding and that is one of the things I enjoy most of these Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The assumption here is that Texas will play mistake-free football. They have plenty of talent, but with a whole new staff it will take them time to get going.

If Cajuns play mistake-free, then yes, a win should be expected, but seeing that as potentially the only way is USL-type thinking. The reason Napier's teams have performed so well, is an ability to overcome adversity, IMO.

Yes, the talent is more abundant and conditioning is better, but his teams just keep grinding and that is one of the things I enjoy most of these Cajuns.
    This, people keep saying mistake free...that’s impossible but I do know this, Napier and the boys have been on the winning side of a lot of dog fights in the past 2 years...Texas can’t say the same

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    This, people keep saying mistake free...that’s impossible but I do know this, Napier and the boys have been on the winning side of a lot of dog fights in the past 2 years...Texas can’t say the same
    Agreed. I am not saying we can play like dog crap and still win, of course not. But part and parcel of having a really good team is being able to win, without your A game. We did that last season at Iowa State. It wasn't our best game, but it was certainly good enough.

Also, the last season and half, the Cajuns have become a very good defensive team. That can lead to what some folks call 'ugly' wins. I just know that they go in the W column, at the end of the day.

11. Default Re: UT message board $#![ talk!

Let’s face it, they have way more unknowns than we do.

General intangibles are in our favor:

1. Consistency - we will be in the same system with the same QB and coaching staff for the third year.

2. Training and Shape - we know that a Napier coached team will be trained and in shape and now going into year 4, the players know it also.

3. Pressure - there will undoubtedly be more pressure on their guys and coaching staff than ours. We have nothing to prove. Their season commences as a failure if they lose.

4. Ego - their egos will be as big as those horns. We have learned to handle these types of situations under Napier.

With all this said, both teams will need pretty clean error free play to win this game. In that regard, there are a lot more factors against them succeeding in that task than there are against us.

In Napier and his Cajun players we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Agreed. I am not saying we can play like dog crap and still win, of course not. But part and parcel of having a really good team is being able to win, without your A game. We did that last season at Iowa State. It wasn't our best game, but it was certainly good enough.

Also, the last season and half, the Cajuns have become a very good defensive team. That can lead to what some folks call 'ugly' wins. I just know that they go in the W column, at the end of the day.
    A very wise man once said”you would rather look pretty and lose than look ugly and win”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Let’s face it, they have way more unknowns than we do.

General intangibles are in our favor:

1. Consistency - we will be in the same system with the same QB and coaching staff for the third year.

2. Training and Shape - we know that a Napier coached team will be trained and in shape and now going into year 4, the players know it also.

3. Pressure - there will undoubtedly be more pressure on their guys and coaching staff than ours. We have nothing to prove. Their season commences as a failure if they lose.

4. Ego - their egos will be as big as those horns. We have learned to handle these types of situations under Napier.

With all this said, both teams will need pretty clean error free play to win this game. In that regard, there are a lot more factors against them succeeding in that task than there are against us.

In Napier and his Cajun players we trust.
    I agree with all of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I agree with all of that!
    Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    https://texassports.com/news/2015/6/...617151619.aspx

Looks like they sell Beer and Wine at Texas' stadium!
    Sure hope they still do as that is an old article.
    I know they’ll be better prepared than the Minroevians. Ran out in 2nd quarter last time we were there.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information